RD - Office to Home

I have a WinXP Pro at home and enabled for RD Web Connection - IIS components
installed and router configured. Remote Desktop works fine within the home
LAN from my laptop (Win2K) to the XP machine. It also works when I use a
dial-up connection from the laptop. But when I'm in the office and try to RD
connect, only the tsweb default.htm shows up on the laptop's IE browser.
Typing in the static IP of the router, I only see something like "The
computer you're connecting to is not receiving connection...." It's seems a
generatic RD error.

Can someone help? Could it be the corporate firewall blocking certain
ports, since a dial-up connection works? How to solve?
1 answer Last reply
More about office home

    It's either your coporate firewall or your router at home. On your home
    router you need to forward the needed ports to your desktop.

    "Baja_CA" <BajaCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a WinXP Pro at home and enabled for RD Web Connection - IIS
    components
    > installed and router configured. Remote Desktop works fine within the
    home
    > LAN from my laptop (Win2K) to the XP machine. It also works when I use a
    > dial-up connection from the laptop. But when I'm in the office and try to
    RD
    > connect, only the tsweb default.htm shows up on the laptop's IE browser.
    > Typing in the static IP of the router, I only see something like "The
    > computer you're connecting to is not receiving connection...." It's seems
    > generatic RD error.
    >
    > Can someone help? Could it be the corporate firewall blocking certain
    > ports, since a dial-up connection works? How to solve?

Connection Windows XP