Transfering .m2v pal files to ntsc svcd format

I have approx 12 broken up files in .m2v format, that I would like to
burn onto svcd's or dvd format. According to tempgnc they are PAL
files, since I am in the U.S. I need to convert to ntsc format first
and then burn to svcd? I tried draggin the files into nero and burning,
but it comes up with error and will not burn. Any help or ideas is
greatly appreciated. Please email off group with any help. Thanks!

> I have approx 12 broken up files in .m2v format, that I would like to
> burn onto svcd's or dvd format. According to tempgnc they are PAL
> files, since I am in the U.S. I need to convert to ntsc format first
> and then burn to svcd? I tried draggin the files into nero and burning,
> but it comes up with error and will not burn. Any help or ideas is
> greatly appreciated. Please email off group with any help. Thanks!

Never use Nero to encode files. It's rubbish. You probably don't have to
re-encode them anyway. Most DVD players that play SVCDs don't care if they
are NTSC or PAL.

On 29 Dec 2004 17:23:44 -0800, "A.J." <macgybl@aol.com> wrote:

>I have approx 12 broken up files in .m2v format, that I would like to
>burn onto svcd's or dvd format. According to tempgnc they are PAL
>files, since I am in the U.S. I need to convert to ntsc format first
>and then burn to svcd? I tried draggin the files into nero and burning,
>but it comes up with error and will not burn. Any help or ideas is
>greatly appreciated. Please email off group with any help. Thanks!

I'm assuming the files are all the same resolution (i.e
720x576)? If so, the simplest method would be to use AVISynth to
resize the video to 720x480, reduce the framerate to 24 fps, then
encode the new MPEGs with 2:3 pulldown activated. As for the
soundtrack, the easiest way is to extract the sound and then use
BeSweet to do the conversion from 25 fps to 24 fps and reencode the
audio.

On the other hand, it's possible your DVD player can handle
the PAL to NTSC conversion automatically, especially if it's one of
the cheap Chinese models.

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!

terry

Try Avisynth link on my site. you need to write a script but you will be
amazed at results. You can also get the free tools to do it.

Terry(A Guy From Oz)
http://mrtvideo.com