VPN Problem with XP2

Hi all,

We have the following situation. 2 remote office workers are sitting in a
local wireless LAN connecting to HQ via a 3rd party VPN (SonicWall Global
VPN Client). Both computers are using the DHCP for the local LAN. A computer
with W2K connects fine and gets its IP address on the virtual network
connector from HQ. The second computer with XPSP2 has 0.0.0.0 on ip address
and network mask. The XPSP2 firewall has been disabled through command line
command "netsh firewall set opmode mode=disable".

Does anybody have an idea what is going on? This is the first XP Pro with
SP2 that we are using and we suspect that it is an SP2 issue.

Thanks,

Claus
3 answers Last reply
More about problem

    Did you have any luck with this can't even get it working having
    uninstalled sp2!

    cjobes wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > We have the following situation. 2 remote office workers are sitting
    in a
    > local wireless LAN connecting to HQ via a 3rd party VPN (SonicWall
    Global
    > VPN Client). Both computers are using the DHCP for the local LAN. A
    computer
    > with W2K connects fine and gets its IP address on the virtual network
    > connector from HQ. The second computer with XPSP2 has 0.0.0.0 on ip
    address
    > and network mask. The XPSP2 firewall has been disabled through
    command line
    > command "netsh firewall set opmode mode=disable".
    >
    > Does anybody have an idea what is going on? This is the first XP Pro
    with
    > SP2 that we are using and we suspect that it is an SP2 issue.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Claus

    Is this a PPTP or IPSEC firewall?

    If it is IPSEC, take a look at
    http://www.lanarchitect.net/Articles/FixSP2VPN
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    Windows Network Technology Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    Windows Home Networking Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

    On 14 Dec 2004 06:23:19 -0800, dhicklin@parkplace.co.uk wrote:

    >Did you have any luck with this can't even get it working having
    >uninstalled sp2!
    >
    >cjobes wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> We have the following situation. 2 remote office workers are sitting
    >in a
    >> local wireless LAN connecting to HQ via a 3rd party VPN (SonicWall
    >Global
    >> VPN Client). Both computers are using the DHCP for the local LAN. A
    >computer
    >> with W2K connects fine and gets its IP address on the virtual network
    >> connector from HQ. The second computer with XPSP2 has 0.0.0.0 on ip
    >address
    >> and network mask. The XPSP2 firewall has been disabled through
    >command line
    >> command "netsh firewall set opmode mode=disable".
    >>
    >> Does anybody have an idea what is going on? This is the first XP Pro
    >with
    >> SP2 that we are using and we suspect that it is an SP2 issue.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Claus

vpn Command Prompt Windows XP