What port(s) are required to use Remote Desktop Web Connec..

Hi all,

I want to use the Remote Desktop Web connection to access two different
computers on my LAN. What port(s) on my router do I need to open up? I know
I must open port 80 to get to the TSWeb application. Do I need to open up
port 3389 as well or does the TSWeb application redirect everything through
port 80 back to my remote client?

Whatever the answer to my question I assume the same would be true if I were
to change the listening ports on the computers on the LAN. I have already
updated the TSWeb default.htm page to allow for specific port numbers to be
entered.

Thanks,

Dan
1 answer Last reply
More about what port required remote desktop connec

    IIS uses TCP Port 80, as you noted, and RDP uses TCP Port 3389...Both must be open...

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/pree_rem_bgek.asp

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "DanP" <DanP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I want to use the Remote Desktop Web connection to access two different
    > computers on my LAN. What port(s) on my router do I need to open up? I know
    > I must open port 80 to get to the TSWeb application. Do I need to open up
    > port 3389 as well or does the TSWeb application redirect everything through
    > port 80 back to my remote client?
    >
    > Whatever the answer to my question I assume the same would be true if I were
    > to change the listening ports on the computers on the LAN. I have already
    > updated the TSWeb default.htm page to allow for specific port numbers to be
    > entered.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dan

Remote Desktop Computers Windows XP