Remote Desktop wont work when server PC is woken up by Sch..

I use Remote Desktop alot. My PC is Compaq P4, 1.7ghz - good alround
PC.
This is the server computer - I connect to it from other locations eg.
work

Remote desktop works well if I startup or wakeup the computer by
hitting the wake up button on keyboard, but at the viewer end the RD
gives black screen then quits immediately ONLY WHEN the computer is
woken up via a Scheduled task . . . . What's the difference to the
computer ?

Why is this so? is this a reg setting or a bios setting ? - is there
anything i can do about this?

The trigger for the problem has taken me quite a while to trace !!!!

Change the power options on your server. Set everything to NEVER except the
Monitor and disable Hybernation.

"douggieb" <dougbrasier@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> I use Remote Desktop alot. My PC is Compaq P4, 1.7ghz - good alround
> PC.
> This is the server computer - I connect to it from other locations eg.
> work
>
> Remote desktop works well if I startup or wakeup the computer by
> hitting the wake up button on keyboard, but at the viewer end the RD
> gives black screen then quits immediately ONLY WHEN the computer is
> woken up via a Scheduled task . . . . What's the difference to the
> computer ?
>
> Why is this so? is this a reg setting or a bios setting ? - is there
> anything i can do about this?
>
> The trigger for the problem has taken me quite a while to trace !!!!

I already have these settings for "Home/Office Desk" and Hybernation
is already disabled I have Monitor turning off after 25 mins.

Even if i remote to the computer within the 25 mins (shortly after the
wakeup) it still quits immediately.

I believe Its something else.

douggieb

"cjobes" <cjobes@nova-tech.org> wrote in message news:<uJ0RFbBsEHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Change the power options on your server. Set everything to NEVER except the
> Monitor and disable Hybernation.
>
> "douggieb" <dougbrasier@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > I use Remote Desktop alot. My PC is Compaq P4, 1.7ghz - good alround
> > PC.
> > This is the server computer - I connect to it from other locations eg.
> > work
> >
> > Remote desktop works well if I startup or wakeup the computer by
> > hitting the wake up button on keyboard, but at the viewer end the RD
> > gives black screen then quits immediately ONLY WHEN the computer is
> > woken up via a Scheduled task . . . . What's the difference to the
> > computer ?
> >
> > Why is this so? is this a reg setting or a bios setting ? - is there
> > anything i can do about this?
> >
> > The trigger for the problem has taken me quite a while to trace !!!!

the only other thing that I can think of is that your NIC card "goes to
sleep". Check the configuration.