Windows Mobile 2003 SE for Toshiba e800

May 26, 2004 5:50:07 PM

Windows Mobile 2003 SE is available for download today (5/26) for Tosbiba
e800 from:
http://www.toshiba-tro.de/unitdetails/TEDD.asp?serial=&...
Use the WLAN version if you have the USA purchased version and have WLAN
rather than BT.
Follow detailed instructions carefully.
No problem with ROM flash.
OS works fine with limited experience.
Robbie
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 12:09:35 AM

"Robert Robinson" <robbiex@bellsouth.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Windows Mobile 2003 SE is available for download today (5/26) for Tosbiba
> e800 from:

http://www.toshiba-tro.de/unitdetails/TEDD.asp?serial=&...

Hi
thank you for this information. did one of the experts can confirm that
there will
be a german edition of Windows Mobile2003 SE for the e800WiFi by Toshiba ???

Thank you

Rainer Borchmann
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 12:09:36 AM

Hi Rainer,

All I know is that the German edition is not available today from Toshiba. I
would contact Toshiba.de or keep checking that site. There is a download
listbox selection by language as you have probably already noted.

Robbie
"Rainer Borchmann" <joeclipphead@web.de> wrote in message

> "Robert Robinson" <robbiex@bellsouth.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Windows Mobile 2003 SE is available for download today (5/26) for
Tosbiba
> > e800 from:

http://www.toshiba-tro.de/unitdetails/TEDD.asp?serial=&...

> Hi
> thank you for this information. did one of the experts can confirm that
> there will
> be a german edition of Windows Mobile2003 SE for the e800WiFi by Toshiba
???

> Thank you
>
> Rainer Borchmann

May 27, 2004 12:53:16 AM

> All I know is that the German edition is not available today from Toshiba.
> would contact Toshiba.de or keep checking that site. There is a download
> listbox selection by language as you have probably already noted.

hi ,

thank you

Bye
Rainer
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 2:05:26 PM

Rainer,
according to Toshiba Switzerland, localized version for German will only be
available mid June (I hope 2004!) as per information received yesterday:
QUOTE
Hier die Infos unseres Produkte Managers:
Microsoft hat am 19.Mai die Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Software für
Pocket PC's lanciert.
Zurzeit verhandelt Toshiba Europe noch mit Microsoft über die Lizenzkosten
und mit einem Logistikpartner, welcher die Lieferung, Verrechnung, etc.
abwickeln wird.
Wann wir das Upgrade-Program anbieten können bzw. auf unserer Webseite
haben, ist noch nicht festgelegt worden.
Voraussichtlich wird es Mitte Juni sein. Sobald ich aber mehr weiss, werde
ich euch darüber informieren.
UNQUOTE

I have also searched for drivers on Toshiba Europe's support site and when
picking the operating system noticed that WM2003SE ist already shown - but
no drivers listed.
HTH
Ruedi Sommer

"Robert Robinson" <robbiex@bellsouth.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Rainer,
>
> All I know is that the German edition is not available today from Toshiba.
> would contact Toshiba.de or keep checking that site. There is a download
> listbox selection by language as you have probably already noted.
>
> Robbie
> "Rainer Borchmann" <joeclipphead@web.de> wrote in message
> >
> > "Robert Robinson" <robbiex@bellsouth.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Windows Mobile 2003 SE is available for download today (5/26) for
> Tosbiba
> > > e800 from:

http://www.toshiba-tro.de/unitdetails/TEDD.asp?serial=&...
&useraclID=10&language=English

> > Hi
> > thank you for this information. did one of the experts can confirm that
> > there will
> > be a german edition of Windows Mobile2003 SE for the e800WiFi by Toshiba
> ???
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Rainer Borchmann

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 11:09:43 PM

"Rudolf Sommer" <rudolf.sommer@4plcentralstation.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have also searched for drivers on Toshiba Europe's support site and when
> picking the operating system noticed that WM2003SE ist already shown - but
> no drivers listed.
> HTH
> Ruedi Sommer

hi Ruedi,
thanks for the information, best wishes to our neighbour-land.
her is a copy of an email from toshiba

........schnipp............

Sehr geehrter Herr Borchmann,

leider ist uns noch nicht bekannt wann Microsoft das PPC2003 SE Update in
deutsch anbieten wird.
Geplant war es zu Ende Mai diesen Jahres.
Dies wird sich offensichtlich nach hinten verschieben.
Die englische Version ist nicht auf einem Gerät mit deutschem Betriebssystem
nutzbar.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Yvonne Brockhaus, Toshiba Mobile Support Team
Toshiba Europe GmbH
Hammfelddamm 8
D-41460, Neuss, Germany

www.toshiba.de

..............schnapp...............

bye
Rainer
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 2:23:19 PM

Rainer,

thanks,
In the meantime I found out that the German SE update is available on
Toshia Europe's page. Got to the "Driver Download" section, you'll find both
BT an WiFI updates including manuals etc.
As no official annopuncement has been made I suggest to download it
immediatley, as long as it is fre...
Ruedi Sommer

"Rainer Borchmann" <joeclipphead@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "Rudolf Sommer" <rudolf.sommer@4plcentralstation.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
> > I have also searched for drivers on Toshiba Europe's support site and
when
> > picking the operating system noticed that WM2003SE ist already shown -
but
> > no drivers listed.
> > HTH
> > Ruedi Sommer
>

> hi Ruedi,
> thanks for the information, best wishes to our neighbour-land.
> her is a copy of an email from toshiba
>

> .......schnipp............
>

> Sehr geehrter Herr Borchmann,
>
> leider ist uns noch nicht bekannt wann Microsoft das PPC2003 SE Update in
> deutsch anbieten wird.
> Geplant war es zu Ende Mai diesen Jahres.
> Dies wird sich offensichtlich nach hinten verschieben.
> Die englische Version ist nicht auf einem Gerät mit deutschem
Betriebssystem
> nutzbar.
>

> Mit freundlichen Gruessen
>
> Yvonne Brockhaus, Toshiba Mobile Support Team
> Toshiba Europe GmbH
> Hammfelddamm 8
> D-41460, Neuss, Germany
>
> www.toshiba.de
>
> .............schnapp...............
>

> bye
> Rainer

Anonymous
May 28, 2004 2:23:20 PM

I've installed Windows Mobile 2003 SE on my Toshiba e805. It's working
great except for one little glitch I have with wireless networking - DHCP is
pulling an odd IP address from my home router. Worked fine before the
upgrade, works fine on my work network, it's only not working correctly at
home. I'm still trying to work it out.

J.P. Wing

"Rudolf Sommer" <rudolf.sommer@bluewin.ch> wrote in message
> Rainer,
>
> thanks,
> In the meantime I found out that the German SE update is available on
> Toshia Europe's page. Got to the "Driver Download" section, you'll find
> both
> BT an WiFI updates including manuals etc.
> As no official annopuncement has been made I suggest to download it
> immediatley, as long as it is fre...
> Ruedi Sommer
>
> "Rainer Borchmann" <joeclipphead@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>> "Rudolf Sommer" <rudolf.sommer@4plcentralstation.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag
>> > I have also searched for drivers on Toshiba Europe's support site and
> when
>> > picking the operating system noticed that WM2003SE ist already shown -
> but
>> > no drivers listed.
>> > HTH
>> > Ruedi Sommer
>>

>> hi Ruedi,
>> thanks for the information, best wishes to our neighbour-land.
>> her is a copy of an email from toshiba
>>

>> .......schnipp............
>>

>> Sehr geehrter Herr Borchmann,
>>
>> leider ist uns noch nicht bekannt wann Microsoft das PPC2003 SE Update in
>> deutsch anbieten wird.
>> Geplant war es zu Ende Mai diesen Jahres.
>> Dies wird sich offensichtlich nach hinten verschieben.
>> Die englische Version ist nicht auf einem Gerät mit deutschem
> Betriebssystem
>> nutzbar.
>>

>> Mit freundlichen Gruessen
>>
>> Yvonne Brockhaus, Toshiba Mobile Support Team
>> Toshiba Europe GmbH
>> Hammfelddamm 8
>> D-41460, Neuss, Germany
>>
>> www.toshiba.de
>>
>> .............schnapp...............
>>

>> bye
>> Rainer

Anonymous
May 28, 2004 8:15:53 PM

FWIW
I have downloaded the GERMAN update. After studying the documentation I'm
not going to update (yet) due to:
- limited video output functions of the ATI presentation pack (I use that
frequently)
- screen size of video files in Wiondows Media Player is only 1/4 from
previous file updates
- TOSHIBA Screen Resolution not included since QVGA- applications are
supported by the ixel doubling function
- ClearVue not included, has to be downloaded from Toshiba site - I havent'
found it there yet
- Needs new ActiveSync version. That's a major glitch for me as I have to
beg our sysadmin, who has installed a new version 2 weeks ago on our server
and had a blue screen. I would have to do soms extremely hard bargaining
with him to install a new version again...
- In some (unspecified) cases battery life is shorter than before
Don't know whether this applies to the english version too..
Ruedi Sommer

!