Vegas Video 5.0 convert .RM to MPEG2?

Will Sony Vegas 5.0 convert .rm files to mpeg2 for DVD burning?

Will it convert Xvid to mpeg2 for DVD burning?

Will it convert DivX to mpeg2 for DVD burning?

And - anyone know of any good tutorial sites for DVD Architect 2.0
(videohelp.com has only 1.0) and Sony Vegas 5? I would like to see how
the work and get an idea of their use (intuitive or not).
Thanks,

Tmuld.
4 answers Last reply
More about vegas video convert mpeg2

    You will probably not be happy with the results you get on DVD from any of
    these files. They are all highly compressed formats and converting and
    reencoding them into MPG2's for DVD will, depending on a number of factors,
    likely result in a dissapointing degradation in image quality.

    "Tmuld" <tmuldoon@spliced.com> wrote in message
    > Will Sony Vegas 5.0 convert .rm files to mpeg2 for DVD burning?
    >
    > Will it convert Xvid to mpeg2 for DVD burning?
    >
    > Will it convert DivX to mpeg2 for DVD burning?
    >
    > And - anyone know of any good tutorial sites for DVD Architect 2.0
    > (videohelp.com has only 1.0) and Sony Vegas 5? I would like to see how
    > the work and get an idea of their use (intuitive or not).
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tmuld.

    I used to convert .rm files to mpeg1 then drop them to VCD - for the
    most part it worked well. The sound could be a big off - but liveable.

    If I went from .rm to mpeg1 then to mpeg2 - think it would make any
    difference?

    Either way - Vegas won't do it?
    Will it do Xvid to mpeg2? What about DivX to mpeg2?

    Thanks,

    Tmuld.

    Tmuld wrote:
    > I used to convert .rm files to mpeg1 then drop them to VCD - for the
    > most part it worked well. The sound could be a big off - but
    > liveable.
    >
    > If I went from .rm to mpeg1 then to mpeg2 - think it would make any
    > difference?
    >
    > Either way - Vegas won't do it?
    > Will it do Xvid to mpeg2? What about DivX to mpeg2?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tmuld.

    Vegas will do it. The only catch is that you need to get them into an avi
    format that Vegas will recognize. As much as I hate to say it, in the long
    run, you're better off using tools such as VirtualDub to create an avi and
    then TMPGEnc to create the mpeg-2 file.

    Mike

    RM to avi, then AVI into vegas into MPEG2 is another way

    http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/rm2avi.html

    or a commercial converter
    http://www.riverpast.com/en/support/tutorials/convert/rm/avi.php

    http://www.videohelp.com/sefy/?id=encoding13.html

    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=212204

    searching will find many ways of converting RM to something else

Tuner Cards DVD Burning Video Sony Graphics