Finding the Local Computer Policy in the Registry!

I am managing a computer network with about 60 machines running XP Pro. I am currently using a login.bat file from our server. I am looking to edit each machine's Local Policy using the registry. I need to edit the Policy (Local Computer Policy\\Computer Configuration\\Administrative Templates\\System\\Remote Assistance) and change the Offer Remote Assistance Properties to Enabled and add users to that list. Does anyone know where I might find the entries in the registry? I think I might be able to figure out how to edit it using my batch file as I already am editing it to Turn Remote Desktop On and Remote Assistance On but I just need to know where this is at in the registry! Thanks in Advance for any given!

Joshua Miller
IT / IS Administrator
Greenville National Bank
(937) 548 – 1114 x4250
joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com
http://www.greenvillenationalbank.com

Did you see the answer to your very same question from last week?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&frame=right&th=933819a3cf4a97e2&seekm=OcTIPfYrEHA.2724%40TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl#link2

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Joshua Miller" <joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com> wrote in message
> I am managing a computer network with about 60 machines running XP Pro. I am currently using a
> login.bat file from our server. I am looking to edit each machine's Local Policy using the
> registry. I need to edit the Policy (Local Computer Policy\\Computer Configuration\\Administrative
> Templates\\System\\Remote Assistance) and change the Offer Remote Assistance Properties to Enabled
> and add users to that list. Does anyone know where I might find the entries in the registry? I
> think I might be able to figure out how to edit it using my batch file as I already am editing it
> to Turn Remote Desktop On and Remote Assistance On but I just need to know where this is at in the
> registry! Thanks in Advance for any given!
>
> Joshua Miller
> IT / IS Administrator
> Greenville National Bank
> (937) 548 – 1114 x4250
> joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com
> http://www.greenvillenationalbank.com

That solution doesn't work when using a Windows 2000 Server. It doesn't know what Remote Desktop is! I would like registry entries! Thanks!

Joshua L. Miller

IT Administrator

nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely/<#2PjqcTsEHA.3604@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>

Did you see the answer to your very same question from last week?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&frame=right&th=933819a3cf4a97e2&seekm=OcTIPfYrEHA.2724%40TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl#link2

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Joshua Miller" <joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com> wrote in message
> I am managing a computer network with about 60 machines running XP Pro. I am currently using a
> login.bat file from our server. I am looking to edit each machine's Local Policy using the
> registry. I need to edit the Policy (Local Computer Policy\\\\\\\\Computer Configuration\\\\\\\\Administrative
> Templates\\\\\\\\System\\\\\\\\Remote Assistance) and change the Offer Remote Assistance Properties to Enabled
> and add users to that list. Does anyone know where I might find the entries in the registry? I
> think I might be able to figure out how to edit it using my batch file as I already am editing it
> to Turn Remote Desktop On and Remote Assistance On but I just need to know where this is at in the
> registry! Thanks in Advance for any given!
>
> Joshua Miller
> IT / IS Administrator
> Greenville National Bank
> (937) 548 – 1114 x4250
> joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com
> http://www.greenvillenationalbank.com

[microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely]

I see you found the Windows Registry Guide site...

http://www.winguides.com/registry/

....from your post in the user forums...

http://www.winguides.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=brdQuestions&Number=119919

Hopefully you can get an answer there or from someone more knowledgeable than I am on this issue...

Good luck...

--

> That solution doesn't work when using a Windows 2000 Server. It doesn't know what Remote Desktop
> is! I would like registry entries! Thanks!
>

> Joshua L. Miller
>
> IT Administrator
>
> Greenville National Bank
>
> (937) 548 - 1114 x 4250
>
> joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com
>
> www.greenvillenationalbank.com
>

> nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely/<#2PjqcTsEHA.3604@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>
>
> Did you see the answer to your very same question from last week?
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&frame=right&th=933819a3cf4a97e2&seekm=OcTIPfYrEHA.2724%40TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl#link2
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "Joshua Miller" <joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com> wrote in message
> > I am managing a computer network with about 60 machines running XP Pro. I am currently using a
> > login.bat file from our server. I am looking to edit each machine's Local Policy using the
> > registry. I need to edit the Policy (Local Computer Policy\\\\\\\\Computer
> > Configuration\\\\\\\\Administrative
> > Templates\\\\\\\\System\\\\\\\\Remote Assistance) and change the Offer Remote Assistance
> > Properties to Enabled
> > and add users to that list. Does anyone know where I might find the entries in the registry? I
> > think I might be able to figure out how to edit it using my batch file as I already am editing
> > it
> > to Turn Remote Desktop On and Remote Assistance On but I just need to know where this is at in
> > the
> > registry! Thanks in Advance for any given!
> >
> > Joshua Miller
> > IT / IS Administrator
> > Greenville National Bank
> > (937) 548 – 1114 x4250
> > joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com
> > http://www.greenvillenationalbank.com
> >

> [microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely]

Have you seen this page?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/mngwinxp.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7821C32F-DA15-438D-8E48-45915CD2BC14&displaylang=en

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Joshua Miller" <joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com> wrote in message
> That solution doesn't work when using a Windows 2000 Server. It doesn't know what Remote Desktop
> is! I would like registry entries! Thanks!
>

> Joshua L. Miller
>
> IT Administrator
>
> Greenville National Bank
>
> (937) 548 - 1114 x 4250
>
> joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com
>
> www.greenvillenationalbank.com
>

> nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely/<#2PjqcTsEHA.3604@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>
>
> Did you see the answer to your very same question from last week?
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&frame=right&th=933819a3cf4a97e2&seekm=OcTIPfYrEHA.2724%40TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl#link2
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "Joshua Miller" <joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com> wrote in message
> > I am managing a computer network with about 60 machines running XP Pro. I am currently using a
> > login.bat file from our server. I am looking to edit each machine's Local Policy using the
> > registry. I need to edit the Policy (Local Computer Policy\\\\\\\\Computer
> > Configuration\\\\\\\\Administrative
> > Templates\\\\\\\\System\\\\\\\\Remote Assistance) and change the Offer Remote Assistance
> > Properties to Enabled
> > and add users to that list. Does anyone know where I might find the entries in the registry? I
> > think I might be able to figure out how to edit it using my batch file as I already am editing
> > it
> > to Turn Remote Desktop On and Remote Assistance On but I just need to know where this is at in
> > the
> > registry! Thanks in Advance for any given!
> >
> > Joshua Miller
> > IT / IS Administrator
> > Greenville National Bank
> > (937) 548 – 1114 x4250
> > joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com
> > http://www.greenvillenationalbank.com
> >

> [microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely]

Additionally look at these pages...as always YMMV...

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/deployguide/en-us/263663.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/deployguide/en-us/263664.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/deployguide/en-us/263665.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/deployguide/en-us/263666.asp

--

> Have you seen this page?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/mngwinxp.mspx
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7821C32F-DA15-438D-8E48-45915CD2BC14&displaylang=en
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Those work, ie. if I enable both Offer and Solicited gp's on my XP Pro SP2 box the resulting
registry entries are created. Likewise if I disable both the Offer and Solicited gp's the registry
entries are deleted...

--

> Additionally look at these pages...as always YMMV...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/deployguide/en-us/263663.asp
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/deployguide/en-us/263664.asp
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/deployguide/en-us/263665.asp
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/deployguide/en-us/263666.asp
>

> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> Have you seen this page?
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/mngwinxp.mspx
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7821C32F-DA15-438D-8E48-45915CD2BC14&displaylang=en
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

....and the HKLM\Software\policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services\RAUnsolicit path for
users...