Premiere 6.5 - Double-Click timeline clip opens in Clip Wi..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 2, 2005 1:35:50 PM

I am confounded !! Whnever I import a clip, then drag it to the
timeline, then double-click on the timeline clip - the same way I have
a thousand times before . . . it opens in a new Clip Window that
pops up - not the Source Monitor Window like it is supposed to.

I have Uninstalled and re-installed Premiere, to no avail. Any ideas
on this? I have been using Premiere for years, but this one has me
stumped. I have tried several different clips, so it's not the source
video causing this.
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 2:52:40 AM

Did you just recently change from Premiere 6.0 to 6.5? The function you
speak of was true in 6.0. In 6.5 double-click opens a clip window. In that
window you can choose in and out points, then click the icon on the lower
right and it places it on the timeline with these changes. If you are using
the setup with Source and Program monitors, it's just as easy to drag the
clip to the Source monitor. I normally drag a bunch of clips in there at
once. Selection is just as easy.
--
Larry Johnson
Digital Video Solutions