Premiere 6.5 - Double-Click timeline clip opens in Clip Wi..

I am confounded !! Whnever I import a clip, then drag it to the
timeline, then double-click on the timeline clip - the same way I have
a thousand times before . . . it opens in a new Clip Window that
pops up - not the Source Monitor Window like it is supposed to.

I have Uninstalled and re-installed Premiere, to no avail. Any ideas
on this? I have been using Premiere for years, but this one has me
stumped. I have tried several different clips, so it's not the source
video causing this.
1 answer Last reply
More about premiere double click timeline clip opens clip

    Did you just recently change from Premiere 6.0 to 6.5? The function you
    speak of was true in 6.0. In 6.5 double-click opens a clip window. In that
    window you can choose in and out points, then click the icon on the lower
    right and it places it on the timeline with these changes. If you are using
    the setup with Source and Program monitors, it's just as easy to drag the
    clip to the Source monitor. I normally drag a bunch of clips in there at
    once. Selection is just as easy.
    --
    Larry Johnson
    Digital Video Solutions

    "Ken" <ken.roberts@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > I am confounded !! Whnever I import a clip, then drag it to the
    > timeline, then double-click on the timeline clip - the same way I have
    > a thousand times before . . . it opens in a new Clip Window that
    > pops up - not the Source Monitor Window like it is supposed to.
    >
    > I have Uninstalled and re-installed Premiere, to no avail. Any ideas
    > on this? I have been using Premiere for years, but this one has me
    > stumped. I have tried several different clips, so it's not the source
    > video causing this.

Tuner Cards Desktops Video Graphics