DVD Architect 2.0 - no devices.

Hello,

I am trying DVD Architect 2.0. I managed to produce a DVD - Audio and
Video TS files created and ready to go.

I chose the burn option - named it pointed it to the right directory -
but no devices were listed in the drop down menu. No CD or DVD
devices. Nothing! It was greyed out.

My DVD is a USB External - why do I have no devices detected.

On my desktop - Windows 2000 sees it and can read from it. I tried
another CD (B's Recorder) burning program - it says it is not a valid
drive.

Deep Burn - a DVD data burning program sees the drive and writes.

It is a Pacific Digital Xtreme-8 external USB 2.0 burner - and it
recognized as a Toshiba 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device. I am using a 4.7
DVD-R that is 2x speed. And have burned data DVD successfully before.

Suggestions as to what is going on here? How do I get DVD Architect to
work? Or any DVD video burning software?

Thanks!

Tmuld
8 answers Last reply
More about architect devices

    Tmuld wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying DVD Architect 2.0. I managed to produce a DVD - Audio and
    > Video TS files created and ready to go.
    >
    > I chose the burn option - named it pointed it to the right directory -
    > but no devices were listed in the drop down menu. No CD or DVD
    > devices. Nothing! It was greyed out.
    >
    > My DVD is a USB External - why do I have no devices detected.
    >
    > On my desktop - Windows 2000 sees it and can read from it. I tried
    > another CD (B's Recorder) burning program - it says it is not a valid
    > drive.
    >
    > Deep Burn - a DVD data burning program sees the drive and writes.
    >
    > It is a Pacific Digital Xtreme-8 external USB 2.0 burner - and it
    > recognized as a Toshiba 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device. I am using a 4.7
    > DVD-R that is 2x speed. And have burned data DVD successfully before.
    >
    > Suggestions as to what is going on here? How do I get DVD Architect
    > to work? Or any DVD video burning software?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Tmuld

    There are a lot of drives that DVD Architect won't recognize. The generally
    accepted practice is to do what you've done as far as "preparing" the files
    are concerned but to use another program to do the actual burning. I use
    RecordNow but others have used Nero with success.
    Since you already have the files prepared and your Deep Burn burning
    software works, just use it and write the DVD as a data file. I do this
    with RecordNOw all the time and find it much faster than using DVD Architect
    to do the burn. To be safe, try it with an RW disc first.

    Mike

    I occasionally have the same problem. I've been successful at resolving it
    by rebooting the computer. That's my first resort for any computer problem.
    It might work for you! Another helpful hint that sometimes helps me is to
    unplug my router and all USB devices.

    Jeanne

    > I am trying DVD Architect 2.0. I managed to produce a DVD - Audio and
    > Video TS files created and ready to go.
    >
    > I chose the burn option - named it pointed it to the right directory -
    > but no devices were listed in the drop down menu. No CD or DVD
    > devices. Nothing! It was greyed out.
    >
    > My DVD is a USB External - why do I have no devices detected.
    >
    > On my desktop - Windows 2000 sees it and can read from it. I tried
    > another CD (B's Recorder) burning program - it says it is not a valid
    > drive.
    >
    > Deep Burn - a DVD data burning program sees the drive and writes.
    >
    > It is a Pacific Digital Xtreme-8 external USB 2.0 burner - and it
    > recognized as a Toshiba 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device. I am using a 4.7
    > DVD-R that is 2x speed. And have burned data DVD successfully before.
    >
    > Suggestions as to what is going on here? How do I get DVD Architect to
    > work? Or any DVD video burning software?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Tmuld

    Thanks for the reply!

    Deep burner has a beta DVD Video format that does not work for me. Are
    you saying just burn as a DATA DVD and that works?

    Tmuld.

    Mike Kujbida wrote:
    > Tmuld wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am trying DVD Architect 2.0. I managed to produce a DVD - Audio
    and
    > > Video TS files created and ready to go.
    > >
    > > I chose the burn option - named it pointed it to the right
    directory -
    > > but no devices were listed in the drop down menu. No CD or DVD
    > > devices. Nothing! It was greyed out.
    > >
    > > My DVD is a USB External - why do I have no devices detected.
    > >
    > > On my desktop - Windows 2000 sees it and can read from it. I tried
    > > another CD (B's Recorder) burning program - it says it is not a
    valid
    > > drive.
    > >
    > > Deep Burn - a DVD data burning program sees the drive and writes.
    > >
    > > It is a Pacific Digital Xtreme-8 external USB 2.0 burner - and it
    > > recognized as a Toshiba 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device. I am using a
    4.7
    > > DVD-R that is 2x speed. And have burned data DVD successfully
    before.

    > > Suggestions as to what is going on here? How do I get DVD
    Architect
    > > to work? Or any DVD video burning software?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > Tmuld
    >

    > There are a lot of drives that DVD Architect won't recognize. The
    generally
    > accepted practice is to do what you've done as far as "preparing" the
    files
    > are concerned but to use another program to do the actual burning. I
    use
    > RecordNow but others have used Nero with success.
    > Since you already have the files prepared and your Deep Burn burning
    > software works, just use it and write the DVD as a data file. I do
    this
    > with RecordNOw all the time and find it much faster than using DVD
    Architect
    > to do the burn. To be safe, try it with an RW disc first.
    >
    > Mike

    No luck on the reboot.

    Guess it does not have it.

    To clarify - are you trying the demo of Sony DVD Architect 2.0. ?

    If so there are some limits on saving and buring DVDs.

    If you have the full version drop an email to tech support, there is a
    list of Burners that are known to be problems.

    Yes, just burn it as a Data DVD. It should work. I use RecordNowMax
    to burn DVDs (using the Data DVD template) prepared in DVD Architect
    and they work fine in every DVD player I have tried.

    Tmuld wrote:
    > Thanks for the reply!
    >
    > Deep burner has a beta DVD Video format that does not work for me.
    Are
    > you saying just burn as a DATA DVD and that works?
    >
    > Tmuld.
    >

    > Mike Kujbida wrote:
    > > Tmuld wrote:
    > > > Hello,
    > > >
    > > > I am trying DVD Architect 2.0. I managed to produce a DVD -
    Audio
    > and
    > > > Video TS files created and ready to go.
    > > >
    > > > I chose the burn option - named it pointed it to the right
    > directory -
    > > > but no devices were listed in the drop down menu. No CD or DVD
    > > > devices. Nothing! It was greyed out.
    > > >
    > > > My DVD is a USB External - why do I have no devices detected.
    > > >
    > > > On my desktop - Windows 2000 sees it and can read from it. I
    tried
    > > > another CD (B's Recorder) burning program - it says it is not a
    > valid
    > > > drive.
    > > >
    > > > Deep Burn - a DVD data burning program sees the drive and writes.
    > > >
    > > > It is a Pacific Digital Xtreme-8 external USB 2.0 burner - and it
    > > > recognized as a Toshiba 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device. I am using
    > 4.7
    > > > DVD-R that is 2x speed. And have burned data DVD successfully
    > before.
    > > >
    > > > Suggestions as to what is going on here? How do I get DVD
    > Architect
    > > > to work? Or any DVD video burning software?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks!
    > > >
    > > > Tmuld
    > >

    > > There are a lot of drives that DVD Architect won't recognize. The
    > generally
    > > accepted practice is to do what you've done as far as "preparing"
    the
    > files
    > > are concerned but to use another program to do the actual burning.
    > use
    > > RecordNow but others have used Nero with success.
    > > Since you already have the files prepared and your Deep Burn
    burning
    > > software works, just use it and write the DVD as a data file. I do
    > this
    > > with RecordNOw all the time and find it much faster than using DVD
    > Architect
    > > to do the burn. To be safe, try it with an RW disc first.
    > >
    > > Mike

    I think the demo.

    But regardless - should it now list my burning device - if it detects
    it?
    The drop down menu is grey out - no devices listed.

    I wonder if devices can be added via some sort of driver. I will check
    their site?

    Tmuld wrote:
    > I think the demo.
    >
    > But regardless - should it now list my burning device - if it detects
    > it?
    > The drop down menu is grey out - no devices listed.
    >
    > I wonder if devices can be added via some sort of driver. I will
    > check their site?

    The demo doesn't allow you to burn. And there are a lot of burners DVDA
    doesn't support. Yours, being an external, is amost certainly on the not
    supported list.

    Mike

Tuner Cards DVD Burner Devices Graphics