  • Devices
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2005 11:35:55 AM

Hello,

I am trying DVD Architect 2.0. I managed to produce a DVD - Audio and
Video TS files created and ready to go.

I chose the burn option - named it pointed it to the right directory -
but no devices were listed in the drop down menu. No CD or DVD
devices. Nothing! It was greyed out.

My DVD is a USB External - why do I have no devices detected.

On my desktop - Windows 2000 sees it and can read from it. I tried
another CD (B's Recorder) burning program - it says it is not a valid
drive.

Deep Burn - a DVD data burning program sees the drive and writes.

It is a Pacific Digital Xtreme-8 external USB 2.0 burner - and it
recognized as a Toshiba 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device. I am using a 4.7
DVD-R that is 2x speed. And have burned data DVD successfully before.

Suggestions as to what is going on here? How do I get DVD Architect to
work? Or any DVD video burning software?

Thanks!

Tmuld

More about : dvd architect devices

Anonymous
January 2, 2005 3:39:39 PM

Tmuld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying DVD Architect 2.0. I managed to produce a DVD - Audio and
> Video TS files created and ready to go.
>
> I chose the burn option - named it pointed it to the right directory -
> but no devices were listed in the drop down menu. No CD or DVD
> devices. Nothing! It was greyed out.
>
> My DVD is a USB External - why do I have no devices detected.
>
> On my desktop - Windows 2000 sees it and can read from it. I tried
> another CD (B's Recorder) burning program - it says it is not a valid
> drive.
>
> Deep Burn - a DVD data burning program sees the drive and writes.
>
> It is a Pacific Digital Xtreme-8 external USB 2.0 burner - and it
> recognized as a Toshiba 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device. I am using a 4.7
> DVD-R that is 2x speed. And have burned data DVD successfully before.
>
> Suggestions as to what is going on here? How do I get DVD Architect
> to work? Or any DVD video burning software?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tmuld

There are a lot of drives that DVD Architect won't recognize. The generally
accepted practice is to do what you've done as far as "preparing" the files
are concerned but to use another program to do the actual burning. I use
RecordNow but others have used Nero with success.
Since you already have the files prepared and your Deep Burn burning
software works, just use it and write the DVD as a data file. I do this
with RecordNOw all the time and find it much faster than using DVD Architect
to do the burn. To be safe, try it with an RW disc first.

Mike
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 10:04:29 PM

I occasionally have the same problem. I've been successful at resolving it
by rebooting the computer. That's my first resort for any computer problem.
It might work for you! Another helpful hint that sometimes helps me is to
unplug my router and all USB devices.

Jeanne

> I am trying DVD Architect 2.0. I managed to produce a DVD - Audio and
> Video TS files created and ready to go.
>
> I chose the burn option - named it pointed it to the right directory -
> but no devices were listed in the drop down menu. No CD or DVD
> devices. Nothing! It was greyed out.
>
> My DVD is a USB External - why do I have no devices detected.
>
> On my desktop - Windows 2000 sees it and can read from it. I tried
> another CD (B's Recorder) burning program - it says it is not a valid
> drive.
>
> Deep Burn - a DVD data burning program sees the drive and writes.
>
> It is a Pacific Digital Xtreme-8 external USB 2.0 burner - and it
> recognized as a Toshiba 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device. I am using a 4.7
> DVD-R that is 2x speed. And have burned data DVD successfully before.
>
> Suggestions as to what is going on here? How do I get DVD Architect to
> work? Or any DVD video burning software?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tmuld

January 3, 2005 10:53:30 AM

Thanks for the reply!

Deep burner has a beta DVD Video format that does not work for me. Are
you saying just burn as a DATA DVD and that works?

Tmuld.

Mike Kujbida wrote:
> Tmuld wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying DVD Architect 2.0. I managed to produce a DVD - Audio
and
> > Video TS files created and ready to go.
> >
> > I chose the burn option - named it pointed it to the right
directory -
> > but no devices were listed in the drop down menu. No CD or DVD
> > devices. Nothing! It was greyed out.
> >
> > My DVD is a USB External - why do I have no devices detected.
> >
> > On my desktop - Windows 2000 sees it and can read from it. I tried
> > another CD (B's Recorder) burning program - it says it is not a
valid
> > drive.
> >
> > Deep Burn - a DVD data burning program sees the drive and writes.
> >
> > It is a Pacific Digital Xtreme-8 external USB 2.0 burner - and it
> > recognized as a Toshiba 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device. I am using a
4.7
> > DVD-R that is 2x speed. And have burned data DVD successfully
before.

> > Suggestions as to what is going on here? How do I get DVD
Architect
> > to work? Or any DVD video burning software?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Tmuld
>

> There are a lot of drives that DVD Architect won't recognize. The
generally
> accepted practice is to do what you've done as far as "preparing" the
files
> are concerned but to use another program to do the actual burning. I
use
> RecordNow but others have used Nero with success.
> Since you already have the files prepared and your Deep Burn burning
> software works, just use it and write the DVD as a data file. I do
this
> with RecordNOw all the time and find it much faster than using DVD
Architect
> to do the burn. To be safe, try it with an RW disc first.
>
> Mike
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 10:54:34 AM

No luck on the reboot.

Guess it does not have it.
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 11:51:56 AM

To clarify - are you trying the demo of Sony DVD Architect 2.0. ?

If so there are some limits on saving and buring DVDs.

If you have the full version drop an email to tech support, there is a
list of Burners that are known to be problems.
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 3:07:31 PM

Yes, just burn it as a Data DVD. It should work. I use RecordNowMax
to burn DVDs (using the Data DVD template) prepared in DVD Architect
and they work fine in every DVD player I have tried.

Tmuld wrote:
> Thanks for the reply!
>
> Deep burner has a beta DVD Video format that does not work for me.
Are
> you saying just burn as a DATA DVD and that works?
>
> Tmuld.
>

> Mike Kujbida wrote:
> > Tmuld wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am trying DVD Architect 2.0. I managed to produce a DVD -
Audio
> and
> > > Video TS files created and ready to go.
> > >
> > > I chose the burn option - named it pointed it to the right
> directory -
> > > but no devices were listed in the drop down menu. No CD or DVD
> > > devices. Nothing! It was greyed out.
> > >
> > > My DVD is a USB External - why do I have no devices detected.
> > >
> > > On my desktop - Windows 2000 sees it and can read from it. I
tried
> > > another CD (B's Recorder) burning program - it says it is not a
> valid
> > > drive.
> > >
> > > Deep Burn - a DVD data burning program sees the drive and writes.
> > >
> > > It is a Pacific Digital Xtreme-8 external USB 2.0 burner - and it
> > > recognized as a Toshiba 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device. I am using
> 4.7
> > > DVD-R that is 2x speed. And have burned data DVD successfully
> before.
> > >
> > > Suggestions as to what is going on here? How do I get DVD
> Architect
> > > to work? Or any DVD video burning software?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Tmuld
> >

> > There are a lot of drives that DVD Architect won't recognize. The
> generally
> > accepted practice is to do what you've done as far as "preparing"
the
> files
> > are concerned but to use another program to do the actual burning.
> use
> > RecordNow but others have used Nero with success.
> > Since you already have the files prepared and your Deep Burn
burning
> > software works, just use it and write the DVD as a data file. I do
> this
> > with RecordNOw all the time and find it much faster than using DVD
> Architect
> > to do the burn. To be safe, try it with an RW disc first.
> >
> > Mike
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 10:52:18 AM

I think the demo.

But regardless - should it now list my burning device - if it detects
it?
The drop down menu is grey out - no devices listed.

I wonder if devices can be added via some sort of driver. I will check
their site?
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 10:38:45 PM

Tmuld wrote:
> I think the demo.
>
> But regardless - should it now list my burning device - if it detects
> it?
> The drop down menu is grey out - no devices listed.
>
> I wonder if devices can be added via some sort of driver. I will
> check their site?

The demo doesn't allow you to burn. And there are a lot of burners DVDA
doesn't support. Yours, being an external, is amost certainly on the not
supported list.

Mike
!