Can I Happily Run FCP On The New $500 IMAC??

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0412expo2.html

"The new Mac, code-named Q88, will be part of the iMac family and is
expected to sport a PowerPC G4 processor at a speed around 1.25GHz..."

"Along with lowering costs by forgoing a display (Apple's entry-level
eMac sells for $799 with a built-in 17-inch CRT display), the so-called
"headless" iMac will allow Apple's target audience..... Sources expect
the device to feature both DVI and VGA connectivity, although whether
this will be provided through dual ports or through a single DVI port
with a VGA adapter remains to be seen.

The new Mac is expected to have a Combo drive only, but will possibly
have an upgrade path to a SuperDrive at a higher price. It is unclear
how big the hard drive capacity will be, although sources indicate it
will be between 40GB and 80GB."

Other expected features of the iMac include:
256MB of RAM
USB 2.0
FireWire 400
10/100 BASE-T Ethernet
56K V.92 modem
AirPort Extreme support

What do you guys think?

STRATEGY
5 answers Last reply
More about happily imac

    Da Choppa wrote:
    > http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0412expo2.html
    >
    > "The new Mac, code-named Q88, will be part of the iMac family and is
    > expected to sport a PowerPC G4 processor at a speed around 1.25GHz..."
    >
    > "Along with lowering costs by forgoing a display (Apple's entry-level
    > eMac sells for $799 with a built-in 17-inch CRT display), the so-called
    > "headless" iMac will allow Apple's target audience..... Sources expect
    > the device to feature both DVI and VGA connectivity, although whether
    > this will be provided through dual ports or through a single DVI port
    > with a VGA adapter remains to be seen.
    >
    > The new Mac is expected to have a Combo drive only, but will possibly
    > have an upgrade path to a SuperDrive at a higher price. It is unclear
    > how big the hard drive capacity will be, although sources indicate it
    > will be between 40GB and 80GB."
    >
    > Other expected features of the iMac include:
    > 256MB of RAM
    > USB 2.0
    > FireWire 400
    > 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet
    > 56K V.92 modem
    > AirPort Extreme support
    >

    > What do you guys think?
    >

    > STRATEGY

    no reason why it will not run fcp, just needs more memory

    --

    ---
    Web: www.sol4.net