Can I Happily Run FCP On The New $500 IMAC??

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0412expo2.html

"The new Mac, code-named Q88, will be part of the iMac family and is
expected to sport a PowerPC G4 processor at a speed around 1.25GHz..."

"Along with lowering costs by forgoing a display (Apple's entry-level
eMac sells for $799 with a built-in 17-inch CRT display), the so-called
"headless" iMac will allow Apple's target audience..... Sources expect
the device to feature both DVI and VGA connectivity, although whether
this will be provided through dual ports or through a single DVI port
with a VGA adapter remains to be seen.

The new Mac is expected to have a Combo drive only, but will possibly
have an upgrade path to a SuperDrive at a higher price. It is unclear
how big the hard drive capacity will be, although sources indicate it
will be between 40GB and 80GB."

Other expected features of the iMac include:
256MB of RAM
USB 2.0
FireWire 400
10/100 BASE-T Ethernet
56K V.92 modem
AirPort Extreme support

What do you guys think?

STRATEGY

Da Choppa wrote:
> http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0412expo2.html
>
> "The new Mac, code-named Q88, will be part of the iMac family and is
> expected to sport a PowerPC G4 processor at a speed around 1.25GHz..."
>
> "Along with lowering costs by forgoing a display (Apple's entry-level
> eMac sells for $799 with a built-in 17-inch CRT display), the so-called
> "headless" iMac will allow Apple's target audience..... Sources expect
> the device to feature both DVI and VGA connectivity, although whether
> this will be provided through dual ports or through a single DVI port
> with a VGA adapter remains to be seen.
>
> The new Mac is expected to have a Combo drive only, but will possibly
> have an upgrade path to a SuperDrive at a higher price. It is unclear
> how big the hard drive capacity will be, although sources indicate it
> will be between 40GB and 80GB."
>
> Other expected features of the iMac include:
> 256MB of RAM
> USB 2.0
> FireWire 400
> 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet
> 56K V.92 modem
> AirPort Extreme support
>

> What do you guys think?
>

> STRATEGY

no reason why it will not run fcp, just needs more memory

--

---
Web: www.sol4.net