Sharing internet Connection via Ad Hoc network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 25, 2004 12:53:05 PM

Hi all. i just finnished installing the network cards for my new home network
D-link DWL-650 (802.11b) and i appear to have linked the two computer
successfully. i am planning to host using my desktop pc and serve my laptop
off of it. I am sure that the two computers are connected to, what i called,
"My wireless network" as i dialled up the IP of the desktop pc from the
laptop using Netmeeting and could communicate fine . However, i am unsure of
how to go about sharing and accessing files from one computer to another and,
despite having set-up ICS, as mentioned in Bab Bowman's article, i cannot get
the laptop to access the internet using the connection i have established on
the desktop PC.

I am not using a router and wish simply to share the internet connection via
an adhoc network.

Any help on how to resolve these mentioned issues would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Daniel
October 25, 2004 6:57:08 PM

Hi
You might find few pointers here (option 1 and 3):
http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:D 1902A68-CBC5-4BFE-9A6C-CFD0EB7A4383@microsoft.com...

!