Sharing internet Connection via Ad Hoc network

Hi all. i just finnished installing the network cards for my new home network
D-link DWL-650 (802.11b) and i appear to have linked the two computer
successfully. i am planning to host using my desktop pc and serve my laptop
off of it. I am sure that the two computers are connected to, what i called,
"My wireless network" as i dialled up the IP of the desktop pc from the
laptop using Netmeeting and could communicate fine . However, i am unsure of
how to go about sharing and accessing files from one computer to another and,
despite having set-up ICS, as mentioned in Bab Bowman's article, i cannot get
the laptop to access the internet using the connection i have established on
the desktop PC.

I am not using a router and wish simply to share the internet connection via
an adhoc network.

Any help on how to resolve these mentioned issues would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Daniel
1 answer Last reply
More about sharing internet connection network

    Hi
    You might find few pointers here (option 1 and 3):
    http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "danny_bhoy" <danny_bhoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all. i just finnished installing the network cards for my new home
    network
    > D-link DWL-650 (802.11b) and i appear to have linked the two computer
    > successfully. i am planning to host using my desktop pc and serve my
    laptop
    > off of it. I am sure that the two computers are connected to, what i
    called,
    > "My wireless network" as i dialled up the IP of the desktop pc from the
    > laptop using Netmeeting and could communicate fine . However, i am unsure
    of
    > how to go about sharing and accessing files from one computer to another
    and,
    > despite having set-up ICS, as mentioned in Bab Bowman's article, i cannot
    get
    > the laptop to access the internet using the connection i have established
    on
    > the desktop PC.
    >
    > I am not using a router and wish simply to share the internet connection
    via
    > an adhoc network.
    >
    > Any help on how to resolve these mentioned issues would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Daniel

Internet Connection Wireless Networking