The DVD backups that I create have some glitches

I'm creating backups of some DVD movies. I'm using DVD Shrink to
extract the main title only. I'm not compressing the data, so the main
title sometimes doesn't fit in a DVD-5 and I break it up in two discs.
To burn, I'm using Nero Burning ROM 6. The media that I use is Sony
DVD-R (4.7 Gb), and after the burn I verify the data. Regardless of
whether the title fits in one disc or in two, I noticed that pretty
much every backup I make has the same glitches: during the first few
minutes of the movie, some random video noise just pops up here and
there. It's not much, but it's definitely noticeable. A strange
artifact pops up, then it's fine for several seconds, then another one
and so on. After a number of minutes, the glitches stop and the rest of
the movie plays fine.
Does anybody know what this problem is and how to fix it? Thanks.