How do I get rid of choppy sound while playing DVDs?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop, rec.video.dvd.misc, microsoft.public.windowsxp.video, rec.video.dvd.players, 24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

Hello:

I am on Windows XP professional, AMD 2200 processor with 512 MB of RAM.

I just installed Nero and finally got the codec to run DVDs on the
computer.

However, I am discovering that the sound is quite choppy. I tried
Windows media player, InterActual as well as Nero itself. I also looked
at the archives of the Usenet groups/wEB discussion groups and adopted
some of the recommendations. For example, I stopped the screen saver,
stopped my virus checker, etc. however, none of these helped.

One suggestion was saying that DMA should be checked. I could not find
any box to be checked all my DVD player's hardware screens. Perhaps
this does not apply in the case of a computer running XP professional.

What else should I look into?
Thanks for all the suggestions ahead of time.

Deguza
1 answer Last reply
More about choppy sound playing dvds
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop, rec.video.dvd.misc, microsoft.public.windowsxp.video, rec.video.dvd.players, 24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

    Turns out that my computer *is* up to the task!

    I installed a program called winDVD, it is now playing without a
    glitch. No more choppy sound, either.

    Deguza

Tuner Cards Video Graphics