Finished Premiere project to DVD stutterproblem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 3, 2005 11:48:33 AM

Hi,

Happy NewYear to all.

For a few years now I'm editing our video in Premiere (5.1c later 6.5)
and then transfering to video tape. Everything works well this way.
Since buying a DVDwriter a few weeks ago I transferred our last
project (still on HD) to DVD using standard settings with Ulead DVD
moviefactory 2SE as well as DVD architect 1. Most of the movie is fine
but a few transistions stutter.
One of them is a moving subwaytrain that's 'pushed away' by a new
scene. Both scenes are good quality but the line where both scenes
join stutters. Changing 'upper field first' or 'lower field first' has
no effect on the output.
Another stutter problem is with 'zoom in' transitions.

I think it must be a 'settings problem' but can't find what to change
to solve this.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks.

Bye Maurice
--
Hamradio: ON4BAM / M0CIL / 9H3Z http://www.on4bam.com/
Travelstories from Alaska, Scotland, South Africa,Iceland,

> One of them is a moving subwaytrain that's 'pushed away' by a new
> scene. Both scenes are good quality but the line where both scenes
> join stutters. Changing 'upper field first' or 'lower field first' has
> no effect on the output.
> Another stutter problem is with 'zoom in' transitions.

Did you render the timeline before exporting the project to DVD?
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 9:54:20 PM

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:08:13 -0500, "Chuck U. Farley"
<chuckufarley@dyslexia.com> wrote:

>> One of them is a moving subwaytrain that's 'pushed away' by a new
>> scene. Both scenes are good quality but the line where both scenes
>> join stutters. Changing 'upper field first' or 'lower field first' has
>> no effect on the output.
>> Another stutter problem is with 'zoom in' transitions.
>
>Did you render the timeline before exporting the project to DVD?

Of course ;-)
As I said, it's excellent op videotape.
I exported part of the movie as AVI and then made a new project where
I imported the new AVI. I then exported in mpg and made the DVD and
that seems to work.
Of course, this is not the right and easy way to do it ...

Bye Maurice
--
Hamradio: ON4BAM / M0CIL / 9H3Z http://www.on4bam.com/
Travelstories from Alaska, Scotland, South Africa,Iceland,
Faroe Isl., Australia, Norway, Svalbard and IOTA activations
Related resources
January 7, 2005 6:56:58 AM

What quality are you encoding the M2V file? I think that once you go over
8000kb/s, the DVD players cannot handle playing it.

Tony

"Maurice ON4BAM" <on4bam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Happy NewYear to all.
>
> For a few years now I'm editing our video in Premiere (5.1c later 6.5)
> and then transfering to video tape. Everything works well this way.
> Since buying a DVDwriter a few weeks ago I transferred our last
> project (still on HD) to DVD using standard settings with Ulead DVD
> moviefactory 2SE as well as DVD architect 1. Most of the movie is fine
> but a few transistions stutter.
> One of them is a moving subwaytrain that's 'pushed away' by a new
> scene. Both scenes are good quality but the line where both scenes
> join stutters. Changing 'upper field first' or 'lower field first' has
> no effect on the output.
> Another stutter problem is with 'zoom in' transitions.
>
> I think it must be a 'settings problem' but can't find what to change
> to solve this.
>
> Any ideas on this?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Bye Maurice
> --
> Hamradio: ON4BAM / M0CIL / 9H3Z http://www.on4bam.com/
> Travelstories from Alaska, Scotland, South Africa,Iceland,
> Faroe Isl., Australia, Norway, Svalbard and IOTA activations
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 5:03:08 PM

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 03:56:58 -0500, "tr" <me@here.com> wrote:

>What quality are you encoding the M2V file? I think that once you go over
>8000kb/s, the DVD players cannot handle playing it.

Makes no difference. After exporting the project to a single AVI file
and then making the DVD at maximum quality settings the was no problem
playing. I only had the 'jerky' transition 3 times during the whole
project. a scene that 'pushes' a previous scene away, a title
scrolling right to left and a 'zoom in' transition.
It looks like a 'upper frame first' or 'lower frame first' issue but
no matter what I choose the result is the same. So, I'm looking for
anothersollution.. for now, the 'double export' (> single AVI >> DVD)
seems to work. It just takes a little more time to do.

Bye Maurice
--
!