DVD Authoring/Burning Software that supports external DVD

Does anyone know of any DVD burning and authoring software that would
support a Pacific Digital External DVD burner USB 2.0?

It shows up as: 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device (Toshiba)

DVD Architect does not - and does not have any option to add a new
player.
Neither the B's Recorder Gold5.

Is there a compatibility list? Or does anyone use this drive
successfully with other burning software? I want to burn DVDs for
video purposes on standalone players - you know - weddings, parties,
anything?

Thanks,

Tmuld.

Tmuld wrote:
> Does anyone know of any DVD burning and authoring software that would
> support a Pacific Digital External DVD burner USB 2.0?
>
> It shows up as: 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device (Toshiba)
>
> DVD Architect does not - and does not have any option to add a new
> player.
> Neither the B's Recorder Gold5.
>
> Is there a compatibility list? Or does anyone use this drive
> successfully with other burning software? I want to burn DVDs for
> video purposes on standalone players - you know - weddings, parties,
> anything?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tmuld.

Why bother? You already know that you can prepare the files using DVD
Architect and burn them as data discs using the software you currently have.
Why bother wasting any more money? Or am I missing something here?

Mike

On 3 Jan 2005 08:01:11 -0800, "Tmuld" <tmuldoon@spliced.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know of any DVD burning and authoring software that would
>support a Pacific Digital External DVD burner USB 2.0?
>
>It shows up as: 0DD-DVD SD-R5272 USB Device (Toshiba)
>
>DVD Architect does not - and does not have any option to add a new
>player.
>Neither the B's Recorder Gold5.
>
>Is there a compatibility list? Or does anyone use this drive
>successfully with other burning software? I want to burn DVDs for
>video purposes on standalone players - you know - weddings, parties,
>anything?

Try using the freeware CDBurnerXP Pro to burn it. It recognized a USB
2 external drive of mine that Nero did not.