  • Networking
  • Dial Up Connection
  • Windows XP
October 20, 2004 11:41:40 AM

I have a Windows XP workstation that I have configured to accept an incoming
dial up networking connection from my laptop.

About 75% of the time, my dial up connection is not working properly. I can
ping the Windows XP workstation fine, but I can't ping anything else on the
LAN connected to the workstation.

The other 25% of the time, my dial up connection works just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks,
--
Mike Schumann

More about : pro dial networking problem

October 21, 2004 2:13:02 AM

Mike,

You will have to be more specific about what programs/services you are
using to connect and their settings before anyone can even come close to this
one. However, if you have normal service at least some of the time then it
suggests your modem is the problem - or the ehternet card in your workstation
- or ...

"Mike Schumann" wrote:

> I have a Windows XP workstation that I have configured to accept an incoming
> dial up networking connection ...
> Thanks,
> --
> Mike Schumann

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 11:50:51 PM

Problem Solved:

The XP Pro workstation was assigning addresses to the incoming dial-up
connection from my router's DHCP server. I changed the XP Pro configuration
to assign addresses from a pool of addresses that did not conflict with the
router's DHCP pool, and everything is now working fine.

Mike Schumann

news:o tbgnIqtEHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

!