Indeo video codec

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 4, 2005 3:47:26 AM

I have this ati usb tuner that worked just fine in win98 with the cd
installation. Now, when i treid to reinstall it most of the features work
except the main part..the tv display. I get a message as follows>
The program you are trying to run requires a current Indeo codec. Now, why
would I all of sudden need this codec if it worked prior without it? Where can
I get this codec..anyone know? Thanks

More about : indeo video codec

January 4, 2005 4:07:03 AM

Wishy13764 wrote:
> I have this ati usb tuner that worked just fine in win98 with the cd
> installation. Now, when i treid to reinstall it most of the features
> work except the main part..the tv display. I get a message as follows>
> The program you are trying to run requires a current Indeo codec.
> Now, why would I all of sudden need this codec if it worked prior
> without it? Where can I get this codec..anyone know? Thanks

This is a relatively new topic in this group I think. Look here:
http://www.fourcc.org/index.php?http%3A//www.fourcc.org... or
Google.

J.
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 11:39:30 AM

On 04 Jan 2005 00:47:26 GMT, wishy13764@aol.com (Wishy13764) wrote:
>I have this ati usb tuner that worked just fine in win98 with the cd
>installation. Now, when i treid to reinstall it most of the features work
>except the main part..the tv display. I get a message as follows>
>The program you are trying to run requires a current Indeo codec. Now, why
>would I all of sudden need this codec if it worked prior without it? Where can
>I get this codec..anyone know? Thanks

Microsoft no longer supports the Indeo codec and has, in fact,
removed it from current versions of Windows Media Player

You may buy Indeo here http://www.ligos.com/indeo.htm

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 10:37:12 PM

Your machine did not "work fine without it." It obviously had the codec.
Something you did (like un-installing the wrong software) removed it or
corrupted it.

Visit www.ligos.com/indeo.htm; the 5.x series of codecs used to be free.

>I have this ati usb tuner that worked just fine in win98 with the cd
>installation. Now, when i treid to reinstall it most of the features work
>except the main part..the tv display. I get a message as follows>
>The program you are trying to run requires a current Indeo codec. Now, why
>would I all of sudden need this codec if it worked prior without it? Where
>can
>I get this codec..anyone know? Thanks

webpa
!