Indeo video codec

I have this ati usb tuner that worked just fine in win98 with the cd
installation. Now, when i treid to reinstall it most of the features work
except the main part..the tv display. I get a message as follows>
The program you are trying to run requires a current Indeo codec. Now, why
would I all of sudden need this codec if it worked prior without it? Where can
I get this codec..anyone know? Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about indeo video codec

    Wishy13764 wrote:
    > I have this ati usb tuner that worked just fine in win98 with the cd
    > installation. Now, when i treid to reinstall it most of the features
    > work except the main part..the tv display. I get a message as follows>
    > The program you are trying to run requires a current Indeo codec.
    > Now, why would I all of sudden need this codec if it worked prior
    > without it? Where can I get this codec..anyone know? Thanks

    This is a relatively new topic in this group I think. Look here:
    http://www.fourcc.org/index.php?http%3A//www.fourcc.org/intro.php or
    Google.

    J.

    On 04 Jan 2005 00:47:26 GMT, wishy13764@aol.com (Wishy13764) wrote:
    >I have this ati usb tuner that worked just fine in win98 with the cd
    >installation. Now, when i treid to reinstall it most of the features work
    >except the main part..the tv display. I get a message as follows>
    >The program you are trying to run requires a current Indeo codec. Now, why
    >would I all of sudden need this codec if it worked prior without it? Where can
    >I get this codec..anyone know? Thanks

    Microsoft no longer supports the Indeo codec and has, in fact,
    removed it from current versions of Windows Media Player

    You may buy Indeo here http://www.ligos.com/indeo.htm

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    Your machine did not "work fine without it." It obviously had the codec.
    Something you did (like un-installing the wrong software) removed it or
    corrupted it.

    Visit www.ligos.com/indeo.htm; the 5.x series of codecs used to be free.

    >I have this ati usb tuner that worked just fine in win98 with the cd
    >installation. Now, when i treid to reinstall it most of the features work
    >except the main part..the tv display. I get a message as follows>
    >The program you are trying to run requires a current Indeo codec. Now, why
    >would I all of sudden need this codec if it worked prior without it? Where
    >can
    >I get this codec..anyone know? Thanks

    webpa

Tuner Cards Codec Video Graphics