Remote Desktop not connecting

When I enter my computer name I get this error message.
"The client couldnot connect to the remote computer. Remote connections
might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept....."
I check everything on remote computer and look to me fine what I doing wrong
here.Please help.
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop connecting

    "H. Chudhary" <HChudhary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I enter my computer name I get this error message.
    > "The client couldnot connect to the remote computer. Remote
    > connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to
    > accept....."
    > I check everything on remote computer and look to me fine what I
    > doing wrong here.

    What do you mean "computer name"? You are supposed to enter the IP address,
    or equivalent full DNS name for that IP address.

    --
    Robin Walker
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    When Dialog box say "server" I enter my computer name even I enter IP address
    has same message.
    Thanks

    "Robin Walker" wrote:

    > "H. Chudhary" <HChudhary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I enter my computer name I get this error message.
    > > "The client couldnot connect to the remote computer. Remote
    > > connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to
    > > accept....."
    > > I check everything on remote computer and look to me fine what I
    > > doing wrong here.
    >
    > What do you mean "computer name"? You are supposed to enter the IP address,
    > or equivalent full DNS name for that IP address.
    >
    > --
    > Robin Walker
    > rdhw@cam.ac.uk

Remote Desktop Computers Microsoft Error Message Windows XP