Need remote dual screen functionality

I want my home XP Pro with SP2 and dual screen functionality to display my
work XP Pro with SP2 and dual screen functionality IN DUAL SCREEN MODE.
Currently I can only access one screen - and in Control Panel > Display >
Settings, when viewed remotely from home, the work computer has some 16bit
thing and the Advanced tab greyed out. Yet when physically at work machine
the Display options are all fully functional.

I have tried the logical workaround - ie utilizing concurrent sessions. I
did this by first creating a new DWORD in the registry
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
Server\Licensing Core - "EnableConcurrentSessions" and set the value to
"1"), then downloaded and installed Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools
Pack, then used Group Policy (and every other "policy" setting I could think
of or find) to configure Terminal Services (wherever I could find IT) to
accept multiple sessions and Full control without restrictions - but to no
avail.

I cannot believe a dual monitor XP Pro system cannot be accessed with
full functionality from another system with exactly the same specs. I also
find it hard to believe the logical workaround (to utilize a concurrent
session ) cannot work either. Can anyone help here? Please?
1 answer Last reply
More about need remote dual screen functionality

    Rramjet wrote:
    > *I want my home XP Pro with SP2 and dual screen functionality to
    > display my
    > work XP Pro with SP2 and dual screen functionality IN DUAL SCREEN
    > MODE.
    > Currently I can only access one screen - and in Control Panel >
    > Display >
    > Settings, when viewed remotely from home, the work computer has some
    > 16bit
    > thing and the Advanced tab greyed out. Yet when physically at work
    > machine
    > the Display options are all fully functional.
    >
    > I have tried the logical workaround - ie utilizing concurrent
    > sessions. I
    > did this by first creating a new DWORD in the registry
    > (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
    > Server\Licensing Core - "EnableConcurrentSessions" and set the
    > value to
    > "1"), then downloaded and installed Windows Server 2003
    > Administration Tools
    > Pack, then used Group Policy (and every other "policy" setting I
    > could think
    > of or find) to configure Terminal Services (wherever I could find IT)
    > accept multiple sessions and Full control without restrictions - but
    > to no
    > avail.
    >
    > I cannot believe a dual monitor XP Pro system cannot be accessed
    > with
    > full functionality from another system with exactly the same specs. I
    > also
    > find it hard to believe the logical workaround (to utilize a
    > concurrent
    > session ) cannot work either. Can anyone help here? Please? *

    I have been trying to accomplish this myself, and when I posted on
    experts-exchange.com, I got the standard "it cant be done", but I know
    that rdesktop for linux does allow you to span your session across
    multiple screens. rdesktop is just using the native windows RDP
    protocol, but it is a little buggy still. I find it hard to believe
    that a linux based program can provide functionality connecting to a
    windows server that the windows client cannot provide.

    --
    UnifiedIT

Windows XP Displays