BNC Cables/TV help pls

I there,

I have a Old plasma tv that has the following connections on the back
of it.

Audio Input (R and L) red and white RCA cables
Video Input (BNC Connection) *i am assuming yellow RCA cable
S-Video Input
Component Video (3 BNC Connections) Y, Pb/B-Y and Pr/R-Y
RGB Input
RS-232C

Now I am trying to get a clear cable picture to this unit and having
trouble. I seem to only get it using my DVD/VCR combo with the Audio
Red and White cables along with a BNC adapter to Yellow for Video.
However, the picture is very fuzzy and I don't get that plasma feel.
Looks like an old 13 inch color tv.

Is there an easier way? any suggestions to make this unit into a
better plasma?

Thanks,

Chuck

aspenab27@gmail.com

<aspenab27@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I there,
>
> I have a Old plasma tv that has the following connections on the back
> of it.
>
> Audio Input (R and L) red and white RCA cables
> Video Input (BNC Connection) *i am assuming yellow RCA cable
> S-Video Input
> Component Video (3 BNC Connections) Y, Pb/B-Y and Pr/R-Y
> RGB Input
> RS-232C
>
> Now I am trying to get a clear cable picture to this unit and having
> trouble. I seem to only get it using my DVD/VCR combo with the Audio
> Red and White cables along with a BNC adapter to Yellow for Video.

You jumped right over the details of where the video is coming
from, and why you felt you had to run it through your DVD/VCR
player?

> However, the picture is very fuzzy and I don't get that plasma feel.
> Looks like an old 13 inch color tv.
>
> Is there an easier way? any suggestions to make this unit into a
> better plasma?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chuck
>
> aspenab27@gmail.com

Using the component BNC inputs of the plasma is useless unless the DVD/VCR
combo has component outputs. The component outputs on the DVD/VCR combo
players are usually RCA type but are color coded differently than the normal
audio/video red, white & yellow. If your DVD/VCR has these there are
adapters for placing on the ends of cables with male RCA plugs which are BNC
connectors. You can find them at Radio Shack. Match these three outputs of
the DVD/VCR with the three BNC inputs of the plasma and you're good to go.

If these three component video outputs don't exist on the DVD/VCR backside
then the best picture you will get is through the S-Video. Most DVD/VCR
combo's with both RCA video/audio output and S-Video output only send the
DVD signal to the S-Video and the audio is shared, which means you have to
have two differing video inputs - one for DVD and one for VCR while
splitting the audio signal between these inputs. Mine has component output
and still shares the audio output, which I think sort of stinks.
--
Larry Johnson
Digital Video Solutions