Remote Desktop

I have two users using remote desktop that when they try to connect it says
there are to many users already working. I know that is not true.
3 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop

    "mbass" <mbass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have two users using remote desktop that when they try to connect
    > it says there are to many users already working. I know that is not
    > true.

    You need to give more information about the server and the clients for a
    better informaed answer.

    But I can confirm that, if the server is Windows XP, then a maximum of one
    user at a time can connect through Remote Desktop. Two will not work
    simultaneously.

    --
    Robin Walker
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    The server is windows 2000 and we the remote desktop to update our time
    sheets all day for 5 different Branches.
    "Robin Walker" wrote:

    > "mbass" <mbass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have two users using remote desktop that when they try to connect
    > > it says there are to many users already working. I know that is not
    > > true.
    >
    > You need to give more information about the server and the clients for a
    > better informaed answer.
    >
    > But I can confirm that, if the server is Windows XP, then a maximum of one
    > user at a time can connect through Remote Desktop. Two will not work
    > simultaneously.
    >
    > --
    > Robin Walker
    > rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    it sounds like you 2000 server is setup this way, which is what they call
    remote administration mode:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300847

    this mode has a limit of 2 simultaneous connections.

    You need to go to application mode. Take a look at these articles and they
    should help you out.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243212
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238162

    Best Regards,
    Rob Hoffman, MCSE
    Microsoft Enterprise Support Engineer

    from your issue.

    --------------------
    | From: "=?Utf-8?B?bWJhc3M=?=" <mbass@discussions.microsoft.com>
    | Subject: Re: Remote Desktop
    | Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:19:03 -0700
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely
    |
    | The server is windows 2000 and we the remote desktop to update our time
    | sheets all day for 5 different Branches.
    | "Robin Walker" wrote:
    |
    | > "mbass" <mbass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > > I have two users using remote desktop that when they try to connect
    | > > it says there are to many users already working. I know that is not
    | > > true.
    | >
    | > You need to give more information about the server and the clients for
    | > better informaed answer.
    | >
    | > But I can confirm that, if the server is Windows XP, then a maximum of
    one
    | > user at a time can connect through Remote Desktop. Two will not work
    | > simultaneously.
    | >
    | > --
    | > Robin Walker
    | > rdhw@cam.ac.uk

Remote Desktop Connection Microsoft Windows XP