Can an OpenDivx and a DivX 5.2 codec coexist on one comput..

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.multimedia.mpeg (More info?)

I have an AVI movie encoded with OpenDivx 4 which plays very bad with my DivX 5.21 codec because
it jerks all the time.

So I decided to re-encode this movie with from OpenDivX to DivX 5.21 with VirtualDub.

For this task both codecs must be existing on my computer. Does this work?

How does Vitualdub know that it should use OpenDivx for the source and DivX 5.21 codec for the target?
Both are linked with the avi/divx format.
BTW: Audio is MP3

Steve

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.multimedia.mpeg (More info?)

On a sunny day (Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:39:06 +0100) it happened spugh@yahoo.co.uk
(Steve Pugh) wrote in <crercp$asj$05$1@news.t-online.com>:

>I have an AVI movie encoded with OpenDivx 4 which plays very bad with my DivX 5.21 codec because
>it jerks all the time.
>
>So I decided to re-encode this movie with from OpenDivX to DivX 5.21 with VirtualDub.

You may have a problem, even Linux transode has no separate open-divx import
module:
panteltje:/usr/local/lib/transcode# d *div*
export_divx4.la export_divx4raw.so export_divx5raw.la export_opendivx.so import_divx.la
export_divx4.so export_divx5.la export_divx5raw.so filter_divxkey.la import_divx.so
export_divx4raw.la export_divx5.so export_opendivx.la filter_divxkey.so
panteltje:/usr/local/lib/transcode# d *ope*
export_opendivx.la export_opendivx.so

The other way around seems easy...
Perhaps have a look at
http://www.projectmayo.com/projects/detail.php?projectId=2
Seems all rather old.. 2001.
Probably not worth writing a Linux import module for.
http://www.projectmayo.com/projects/detail.php?projectId=4
shows lib 'decore' DOES exist (it has to), so and it will output yuv I am
sure.
You need a programmer :)