What is "overlap trim" in Pinnacle Studio?

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

I have PS8 and stumbled across an editing function called "overlap trim".
This option only appears when you cut a clip. At the edges of the cut, it
brings up this funny looking arrow with a vertical line through it. It isn't
mentioned anywhere in the help files that I can see and it's not clear to me
what it does. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005, "Doc" <docsavage20@xhotmail.com> wrote:
>I have PS8 and stumbled across an editing function called "overlap trim".
>This option only appears when you cut a clip. At the edges of the cut, it
>brings up this funny looking arrow with a vertical line through it. It isn't
>mentioned anywhere in the help files that I can see and it's not clear to me
>what it does. Anyone have any idea?

You might try the forum that is especially for Studio 8 for more help
http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com/read_forums.asp?WebboardID=1&SectionID=143&lng=1

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

rd

I am just guessing
but if you are using a crossfade cut
there would need to be some way to adjust certain elements of the
inherent overlap ...