Can u use a Camera as a Webcam ?? And use it to cpature vi..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 25, 2005 7:57:45 AM

Just somthing to look for when i get a new Camera. I asume if you
could do this the Video would be pretty good i asume ??

Thanks.

More about : camera webcam cpature

May 25, 2005 7:57:46 AM

"On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message

> Just somthing to look for when i get a new Camera. I asume if you
> could do this the Video would be pretty good i asume ??
>
> Thanks.

no. get a seperate cheap webcam
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 7:57:46 AM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 03:57:45 +1000, On Holidays <abbyrow.com.uk>
wrote:

>Just somthing to look for when i get a new Camera. I asume if you
>could do this the Video would be pretty good i asume ??

Be sure to get the ac adapter or at least 4-5 spare (and
rechargeable!) battery sets as video transfer to the PC will eat
batteries very quickly!

Or you could get a (very) large memory card for the digicam! I'd
recommend the Canon PowerShot S2 IS - which is supposed to have the
best video mode of all digital cameras... and pretty decent still
picture quality.
May 25, 2005 7:57:46 AM

On Holidays wrote:

> Just somthing to look for when i get a new Camera. I asume if you
> could do this the Video would be pretty good i asume ??
>
> Thanks.

A few digicams have htis capability. But the image quality is limited by bandwidth, so
those digicams don't work better as Webcams than do the ones that cost $50 to &75.

Btw, we have frequent videocnferences with our son and his family, across the Atlantic.
The new version of Microsoft Messenger allows us to view full screen images of quality
quite close to U.S. TV. The sound is also much better than in the past.
!