How to create a shortcut (icon) executing a program with a..

May 26, 2004 7:42:32 PM

How to create a shortcut (icon) executing a program additional command? Like
"program.exe car"
I use PPC2003.

--
Thank you for your help.

Bart

Remove X from my e-mail address to send me an e-mail
Enlevez X de mon adresse e-mail pour m'envoyer un e-mail
Quite la X de mi dirección para enviarme correo electrónico
____________________
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 1:00:04 PM

In the website, I didi not find the solution, unless I use PPC DOS, but 40$
is a rediculous price.
I am looking for a way to add shortcuts herein also with additional command,
like ..\program.exe home, where "home" is the "parameter".

--

message news:o Au6kxAREHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> http://bevhoward.com/bhhpj.htm#ShortCuts

May 28, 2004 1:00:05 PM

In the case of your example, a plain text file containing only;

25#\path\program.exe home

and named with the extension ".LNK"

does exactly what you need.

That is on the assumption that the program accepts arguments.

That is also on the assumption that the program is written for the
PocketPc OS and processor that you are running. You cannot run programs
written for other operating systems such as windows and dos directly
under WinCE

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!