Mainboard recommendation

Pickle

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2004

Which mainboards are better suited to video editing and
other graphics intensive stuff like high end games?

TIA

marko

Distinguished
May 16, 2004

That's a wide open question if you're looking for specific motherboard
models to be recommended.

Are you interested in AMD (still the best bang for the buck) or do you
want to go Intel?

Generally, I'd say you'd be interested in a motherboard that would be a
good overclocker, to minimize your rendering times with its higher
performance. However, good I/O performance is also important and many
say that the Intel chipsets are superior here.

Still, if budget is important, you've got to go with an overclocking
AMD motherboard.

ASUS BOARD ALWAYS ASUS > VIDO ISSSSSSSSS INTEL I HAVE TWO I REPEAT TWO AMD"S

Go with

1. Asus Boar
2. Pentium Chip NOT CELLERON !

Visit the Message Board
http://cgi.videosilva.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi
----------------------------------
Canada's Premier Portuguese Directory!
Keeping the Portuguese community up to date ONE CLICK AT A TIME.
----------------------------------------------------------[

pickle wrote:
> Which mainboards are better suited to video editing and
> other graphics intensive stuff like high end games?
>
> TIA

ASUS P4C800E Delux

I don't do windoze, so cannot comment on the games thing, but talking to
others with the same board and run it, nothing but good things to say
about these things

under Linux, its rock solid (P4-3.2GHz Prescott), just runs, chews
through NLE and transcoding at a truely impressive rate

---
Web: www.sol4.net
Jabber: TheMartian@jabber.org.au
Block List: sol4.net/spam_blocks.shtml