Wired vs WIRELESS with USB Card

Which gives faster speed or is it the same? Is there a distance on either on
how far you FROM HOST COMPUER! go before you begin to loose signal?
2 answers Last reply
More about wired wireless card

    I am not sure I totally under stand you question.

    There is No USB Network, the typical Network is Ethernet based.

    There is USB to Ethernet device that let you plug a Network connection to a
    USB port but the cable connected to this device is regular CAT5e cable, and
    a CAT5e can take you up to 100 meters.

    USB Wireless means that the Wireless device is connected to a USB port, but
    the Network connection is Wireless Ethernet.

    When using USB 1.1. both devices (wired or wireless) would provide a
    theoretical Network "Speed" of about 11Mb/sec.

    When Using USB 2.0 Devices with a USB capable computer the Wired device
    provide the usual wired capacity of the Network.

    A special Wireless USB2.0 device (very few are available) with USB2.0 port
    would provide 11Mb/sec for 802.11b and 54Mb/Sec. with 802.11g.

    The distance of the Wireless is similar to what ever typical Wireless might
    yield (Info in the middle of this page:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html ).

    If you want to connect only two computers via the USB ports you need to use
    a special device (see Option 3 in this page:
    http://www.ezlan.net/direct.html ) using this device limits you to 15'.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    > Which gives faster speed or is it the same? Is there a distance on either
    on
    > how far you FROM HOST COMPUER! go before you begin to loose signal?

    Hi
    Basic Wired Network with the right hardware has no distance limitations (one
    single wire can go up to 328') at a theoretical "Speed" of 100Mb/sec.
    Wireless is a different story (makes very little difference if the card it
    is USB or other type).
    More info about "Speed" and distance here:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    > Which gives faster speed or is it the same? Is there a distance on either
    on
    > how far you FROM HOST COMPUER! go before you begin to loose signal?

Wireless Networking USB Microsoft Wireless Networking