Where to find DVD menu templates

I'm starting to burn some of my own DVDs.
Where is there a place to get some menus I can use for the DVD? I see
that the adobe .psd seem to be popular and the ones they give me with
the DVD program are dreadfully aweful.

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:40:08 -0600, Garcey <nono@spam.no> wrote:
>I'm starting to burn some of my own DVDs.
>Where is there a place to get some menus I can use for the DVD? I see
>that the adobe .psd seem to be popular and the ones they give me with
>the DVD program are dreadfully aweful.

These are designed for Adobe Encore, but since some of them are
FREE to download, you might see if they work

http://www.videogears.com/adminsearch.php?type=category&category=1

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

"Garcey" <nono@spam.no> wrote in message
> I'm starting to burn some of my own DVDs.
> Where is there a place to get some menus I can use for the DVD? I see
> that the adobe .psd seem to be popular and the ones they give me with
> the DVD program are dreadfully aweful.

If you want people to be able to suggest some specific
options, you need to tell us what "DVD program" you
are using.

Luck;
Ken

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> If you want people to be able to suggest some specific
>options, you need to tell us what "DVD program" you
>are using.

Well the DVD menus are not program specific. I have found that they
are not wallpapers but multi layed still images usually done in Adobe
Photoshop .psp

It is a general backdrop with places for buttons and places to put
menus DVD related.

"Gary" <no@spm.no> wrote in message

>> If you want people to be able to suggest some specific
>>options, you need to tell us what "DVD program" you
>>are using.
>
> Well the DVD menus are not program specific. I have found that they
> are not wallpapers but multi layed still images usually done in Adobe
> Photoshop .psp
>
> It is a general backdrop with places for buttons and places to put
> menus DVD related.

The DVD specifications about how a menu will work, are not
program specific, but that still leaves a lot of room for differences
in how they are made. For instance you can make each menu
from scratch as a single completed .psd file. Or you can do as
TMPGEnc DVD Author and others do and provide a means to
"build" a menu out of separate components.

Your components can have layers, they can be moved around,
they can be re-sized, they can be text and be any font you have
on your system. You can often have "thumbnails" which are like
a layer made into a screen to display a still or video clip on. And
one of the most basic components is the menu "Background".

Now you can have a still background, such as your .psd file or
you can even use a "motion background" which would be a
compatible video clip. The still background can usually be in
any number of graphic formats, not just .psd. As has been
mentioned, "Wallpaper" graphics make great still backgrounds,
particularly if they come from the web site of a movie you are
archiving. (Even if you were to make a single .psd file menu,
a wallpaper would make a great bottom layer.)

Some skill with Photoshop or the free GIMP2 can add a lot
to your menu making and in fact that is how you can make
your own layered components (Buttons, Frames, Fancy Text,
RollOver Effects, ect...) as well as neat backgrounds.

Personally, I use motion menus with an audio track most of
the time. I like to clean up the reoccurring Intro that most TV
shows have, and use that as a menu background. You can do
the same with movie trailers sometimes, properly cleaned up
they make great menu backgrounds.

With a little imagination you can have a lot of fun making
DVD menus. Of course, there are some who just want
premade "templates". Why not just get a DVD Recorder,
they make the menu for you.

Luck;
Ken

Sounds like you need to upgrade to a decent program that will not only
give you menus but will allow you to produce your own. The programs
that come with a DVD burners are very limited. Pinnacle Studio comes
to mind along with Ulead and Sony programs.

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:40:08 -0600, Garcey <nono@spam.no> wrote:

>I'm starting to burn some of my own DVDs.
>Where is there a place to get some menus I can use for the DVD? I see
>that the adobe .psd seem to be popular and the ones they give me with
>the DVD program are dreadfully aweful.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Garcey <nono@spam.no> wrote:

>I'm starting to burn some of my own DVDs.
>Where is there a place to get some menus I can use for the DVD? I see
>that the adobe .psd seem to be popular and the ones they give me with
>the DVD program are dreadfully aweful.

Look for computer Wallpapers as these would give a good background for
a menu. Try searching www.google.com

Regards Brian

videoani

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
I use www.mydvdmenu.com, they are PSDs and work GREAT with adobe encore and programs that take PSDs. They are layered psd (photoshop files) so you can move things around if you want, but they are nicely designed so I almost never touch the design.