Transcoding

Is there a way to completely turn off the feature in Nerovision that
transcodes video files for DVD's before or while burning? I have
updated to the latest version of Nerovision and enabled the
"smart-encode" check box so that it is supposed to just encode files
that need it. Still, it starts to transcode them all and it takes
hours to make a dvd. Can anyone tell me how to configure Nerovision so
that it bypasses the transcoding altogether?

Tim Hopkins

Sameer

Tim,

To avoid retranscoding, the target DVD options should exactly match
that of the video
file. Go to "More->Default video options->DVD-Video tab" and select
transcoding quality as custom, leave sample format automatic,
specify bit rate
of your video file, specify Resolution of your video file. You can
see bit rate and
resolution by playing the file in nero showtime and turning on the
on screen display
option. If bit rate and resolution match then Nero will not
re-transcode.

I am not sure how Nero behaves for variable bit rate files, but
above method
worked for my constant bit rate MPEG2s.

HTH,
Sameer.

Thank you so much! Saves me a lot of time and energy!

Tim Hopkins