Can't get sound on my VCD

asd

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm using ArcSoft Show Biz (came with my computer, I think) to make home
movies. Everything works perfectly except for when I play my CD, there's no
sound.

I messed with this a year ago (their support was ultimately no help). Does
anyone have ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

You have to give us more information on what you are capturing and how
you are doing it and what hardware you are using. Also, do you mean
CD or DVD. What you are providing will get no response and it will be
your dearth of information.

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 01:52:43 GMT, "asd" <judfsdasfml@mobile.com>
wrote:

>I'm using ArcSoft Show Biz (came with my computer, I think) to make home
>movies. Everything works perfectly except for when I play my CD, there's no
>sound.
>
>I messed with this a year ago (their support was ultimately no help). Does
>anyone have ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?
>
>Thanks

asd

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm shooting video on a MiniDV videocamera (JVC). I'm using CD's (making
VCD's) because they're so cheap and I don't need 2 hour home videos.

The video and sound goes fine into the ArcSoft program (I can watch and
listen on my computer). When I burn the CD, though, I can only see the
picture when I play it on my DVD player.

"Donald Link" <linkd@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> You have to give us more information on what you are capturing and how
> you are doing it and what hardware you are using. Also, do you mean
> CD or DVD. What you are providing will get no response and it will be
> your dearth of information.
>

> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 01:52:43 GMT, "asd" <judfsdasfml@mobile.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I'm using ArcSoft Show Biz (came with my computer, I think) to make home
>>movies. Everything works perfectly except for when I play my CD, there's
>>no
>>sound.
>>
>>I messed with this a year ago (their support was ultimately no help).
>>Does
>>anyone have ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?
>>
>>Thanks

VCDs require a specific audio configuration and codec (so do SVCDs and DVDs,
for that matter). Meaning sample rate and depth. See:

http://www.pcphotovideo.com/SpecData.htm

Note that the audio you start with MUST be two channels at 22.4 kb/s at 44.1
kHz. If it isn't, your authoring software will probably ignore it.

>I'm shooting video on a MiniDV videocamera (JVC). I'm using CD's (making
>VCD's) because they're so cheap and I don't need 2 hour home videos.
>
>The video and sound goes fine into the ArcSoft program (I can watch and
>listen on my computer). When I burn the CD, though, I can only see the
>picture when I play it on my DVD player.
>
>"Donald Link" <linkd@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> You have to give us more information on what you are capturing and how
>> you are doing it and what hardware you are using. Also, do you mean
>> CD or DVD. What you are providing will get no response and it will be
>> your dearth of information.
>>

>> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 01:52:43 GMT, "asd" <judfsdasfml@mobile.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm using ArcSoft Show Biz (came with my computer, I think) to make home
>>>movies. Everything works perfectly except for when I play my CD, there's
>>>no
>>>sound.
>>>
>>>I messed with this a year ago (their support was ultimately no help).
>>>Does
>>>anyone have ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?
>>>
>>>Thanks

webpa

Latest posts