Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

because of a protocol error detected at the client (code 0..

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 1:05:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

because of a protocol error detected at the client (code 0x1104) this session
will be disconnected


anyone know this means or how to fix it?
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 12:40:18 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

What are you connecting to and what is the client? (i.e., Windows
2003 Server, Small Business Server 2003, Windows XP, etc)

See for possible solutions (depending on your answer to the question
above):
http://tinyurl.com/5g4uj
http://tinyurl.com/5bjfo
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:05:07 -0700, "Chris Oakes"
<ChrisOakes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>because of a protocol error detected at the client (code 0x1104) this session
>will be disconnected
>
>
>anyone know this means or how to fix it?
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 6:40:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Actually I should have been more specific. What I am doing is this...
I have a W2K SBS server and inside that I have XP pro workstations. What I
am getting this error on is when I try to connect to an XP station inside my
network from the outside. (FYI the XP station is listening on a different
port than 3389). If I connect using RDP client to the XP workstation, I can
connect just fine inside my network. If I connect to my server from the
outside then connect to my XP workstation that also works. But if I try to
connect through my SBS server to the workstation I get the error. This
problem just started out of the blue. I have other users who connect to their
workstations from outside the network and they are not having this issue. I
have tryed changing the listening port and the ip address but nothing is
working. Any ideas???

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> What are you connecting to and what is the client? (i.e., Windows
> 2003 Server, Small Business Server 2003, Windows XP, etc)
>
> See for possible solutions (depending on your answer to the question
> above):
> http://tinyurl.com/5g4uj
> http://tinyurl.com/5bjfo
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>
> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
> be answered depending on time availability....
>
> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
> Windows Network Technology Community -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
> Windows Home Networking Community -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...
>
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:05:07 -0700, "Chris Oakes"
> <ChrisOakes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >because of a protocol error detected at the client (code 0x1104) this session
> >will be disconnected
> >
> >
> >anyone know this means or how to fix it?
>
>
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 1:00:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

hello,

I have I think the same problem and are searching and trying fixes all
day long.

We have a Windows SBS 2003 with a domain
A Windows 2003 STandartserver in Terminal Mode member of this domain.

Now I can "randomly" connect to the Terminalserver as it should work,
and then again from no computer. After some time, another computer
works, and then again not.

Always with the protocol error 0x1104.

Once I am able to connect from a computer, I can open up 5 sessions at
once with different user names, no problem.

Restarting doesn't change it either. I tried the newest RDP from
Microsoft, the standart one included in XP. I try connecting directly
from the SBS 2003 and also from 2 different XP clients, one with SP2,
one with SP1.

Same results. Sometimes it just disconnects the session, and you can't
get back on. Really randomly, while more of the time you can only
connect from 2 different computers at once. And if it disconnects, it
doesn't do it at all computers.

I tried licencing - per user, per device. (licences are activated on
per user), but it only issued only temp licences so far anyway, thus I
believe, this is not the reason.

Licencing Server is the SBS 2003 Server, might this be a source of
this problem.

Also I tried to change the registry settings as stated within the
kb-article from microsoft (server too busy) with moving port range,
excluding port 3389. No change.

I removed at the registry according to another kb article the
certificate entries.

Just no difference.

Sorry, it got long, probably anyone that can help? I really would
appreciate it!!

thanks
patrick









"Chris Oakes" <ChrisOakes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<73115CC0-9E42-4157-A397-9ADDA9BCA594@microsoft.com>...
> Actually I should have been more specific. What I am doing is this...
> I have a W2K SBS server and inside that I have XP pro workstations. What I
> am getting this error on is when I try to connect to an XP station inside my
> network from the outside. (FYI the XP station is listening on a different
> port than 3389). If I connect using RDP client to the XP workstation, I can
> connect just fine inside my network. If I connect to my server from the
> outside then connect to my XP workstation that also works. But if I try to
> connect through my SBS server to the workstation I get the error. This
> problem just started out of the blue. I have other users who connect to their
> workstations from outside the network and they are not having this issue. I
> have tryed changing the listening port and the ip address but nothing is
> working. Any ideas???
>
> "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:
>
> > What are you connecting to and what is the client? (i.e., Windows
> > 2003 Server, Small Business Server 2003, Windows XP, etc)
> >
> > See for possible solutions (depending on your answer to the question
> > above):
> > http://tinyurl.com/5g4uj
> > http://tinyurl.com/5bjfo
> > ---
> > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
> > jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
> >
> > Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
> > of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
> > be answered depending on time availability....
> >
> > Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
> > http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
> > Windows Network Technology Community -
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/ce...
> > Windows Home Networking Community -
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communiti...
> >
> > On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:05:07 -0700, "Chris Oakes"
> > <ChrisOakes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >because of a protocol error detected at the client (code 0x1104) this session
> > >will be disconnected
> > >
> > >
> > >anyone know this means or how to fix it?
> >
> >
!