SSH Sentinel causing no IP address from DHCP on wireless 8..

a b F Wireless
October 26, 2004 7:30:31 PM

I have a notebook computer with Windows XP that has a built-in wireless
802.11g connection (LAN-Express). It works fine, connecting to a
network
through both the built-in Ethernet connection and the wireless. No
problem.

The problem is when I attempt to install SSH's Sentinel 1.4 in order to
use
my office's VPN (through a Linksys VPN router). With the Sentinel
client
installed, the Wireless connection malfunctions. Although it can still
connect to the Lynksys Router, it will not pick up an IP address
from the DHCP server.

The ethernet connection, however, continues to function just fine.
Only the
wireless connection has a problem. The ethernet continues to connect
fine,
and retrieves a proper IP address via DHCP.

Also, if I delete the Sentinel software all works fine again, but as
soon as i reinstall the software the ip address is lost.

I have had this problem on the Linksys PMCIA wireless cards in the past
but overcame the problem by changing the IPSEC Services to manual in
services screen via the control panel. This problem only started with
Windows XP service pack 2. I was able to uninstall the service pack on
older machines but the new ones dont have that option. None of these
options seem to do any good with the new onboard wireless card.

This problem is on a Sony Vaio GRT range. I have seen a reply from
someone back in January responding to the same problem but i am unable
to find an older driver version for this card.

Please Help!
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 17, 2005 7:42:12 PM

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having a simular
problem exept it is the ethernet connection I'm loosing.

--
PhilScarbrough
a b F Wireless

Have you looked at SafeNet Sentinel (which used to be SSH Sentinel)?
http://english.cyprotect.com/main0171.php
---
Jeffrey Randow (Network MVP)

Remote Networking Technology FAQ -