JVC DVL camcorder, strange icon on the display

Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hi,

I don't have the documentation of the camcorder with me.

I get an icon right in the middle of the display which vaguely
resembles to a drop of water. I have ejected the tape and now the
camcorder refuses to take any tape. Yesterday it was working fine.

What's the meaning of this icon?

Thanks for your help.

On 6 Jan 2005 14:23:25 -0800, JohnDoe650@hotmail.com (John Doe) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I don't have the documentation of the camcorder with me.
>
>I get an icon right in the middle of the display which vaguely
>resembles to a drop of water. I have ejected the tape and now the
>camcorder refuses to take any tape. Yesterday it was working fine.
>
>What's the meaning of this icon?
>
>Thanks for your help.
This what it says for GR-DVL500.
Condensation, operation paused. Please wait.

The the explanation -Appears if condensation occurs. When this
indication is displayed - wait more than 1 hour until condensation disappears.