Remote Desktop HELP! PLEASE!

peter

Hi, I'm having a problem with this. I have two PC's running XP Pro. They are
on the same LAN. When I try to connect to my desktop I see the wallpaper for
5 secs, and then it disconnects (and a quick pop-up that says "saving your
settings"). This is only if I'm not logged on to the computer to which I'm
trying to connect. If I log in to the computer and then connects to it via
remote desktop I have no problems. Why???

I hope for help, thx in advance

> Hi, I'm having a problem with this. I have two PC's running XP Pro.
> They are on the same LAN. When I try to connect to my desktop I see
> the wallpaper for 5 secs, and then it disconnects (and a quick pop-up
> that says "saving your settings"). This is only if I'm not logged on
> to the computer to which I'm trying to connect. If I log in to the
> computer and then connects to it via remote desktop I have no
> problems.

The first thing to try is to update the video drivers on the RDP Server (the
PC you are trying to connect to, rather than the one you are connecting
from). This is particularly an issue with some old nVidia drivers.

--
Robin Walker
rdhw@cam.ac.uk

peter

Thanks!!! That did it!!!

I now wonder why the resolution is only 16 bit, both 'puters are doing 32.

Also, why is the highest setting in RD 24???