if everyone can see and shoot through them... i vote that all HL based
multiplayer games get rid of walls and just have a big square room so its
fair and EVERYONE can see EVERYONE............

--
______
From Adam Webb,

In article <1085401901.517146@news01.eclipse.net.uk>,
adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk says...
> if everyone can see and shoot through them... i vote that all HL based
> multiplayer games get rid of walls and just have a big square room so its
> fair and EVERYONE can see EVERYONE............

They call that game Unreal Tournament.

Not everyone is unethical enough to use those flaws/cheats, some of us
actually like to use skill.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

> Not everyone is unethical enough to use those flaws/cheats, some of us
> actually like to use skill.

indeed!

so, who posts here... been a while since i checked in......
--
______
From Adam Webb,

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message

> so, who posts here... been a while since i checked in......

Seems this group is slowly dying judging from the last couple of
months even newbie impersonator hasn't been here for ages.

> if everyone can see and shoot through them... i vote that all HL based
> multiplayer games get rid of walls and just have a big square room so its
> fair and EVERYONE can see EVERYONE............

Still lurk..still playing 1.5...and will continue to do so until I am banned
from them all (no hax, just newb admins >_<)

I made a map called fy_closet. It's a small square room, no obstacles,
brightly lit, and everyone starts the round with a shotgun. It doesn't get
any easier than that. Not counting AFK's the record for longest round is 8
seconds, including 2 second "freeze time". You could play over 200 rounds if
the map change time is 30 minutes.

The map is under 100k , if you want me to email it to you...
Limnophile

"Limnophile" <Limnophile@msn.com> wrote in message
> I made a map called fy_closet. It's a small square room, no obstacles,
> brightly lit, and everyone starts the round with a shotgun. It doesn't get
> any easier than that. Not counting AFK's the record for longest round is 8
> seconds, including 2 second "freeze time". You could play over 200 rounds
if
> the map change time is 30 minutes.
>
> The map is under 100k , if you want me to email it to you...
> Limnophile

There's a similar map as part of the "fun_allinone" map with shotguns. It
has a few large crates and lights that you can blow out so you can run
around in the dark.

Great fun!!

On Mon, 24 May 2004 13:32:40 +0100, "Adam Webb"
<adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> made out with me while between
gasps uttered:

>if everyone can see and shoot through them... i vote that all HL based
>multiplayer games get rid of walls and just have a big square room so its
>fair and EVERYONE can see EVERYONE............

-or better yet have levels constructed entirely of indestrucable
glass. That way there is some guidance and everyone is free to blast
each other away!

I'm sure cheating must have been easy in Quake 2 but i never ran
across hackers the first couple of years it was out. Keep PC games a
niche market! j/k

--

best regards, mattchu

On Tue, 25 May 2004 00:55:52 +0100, "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> made
out with me while between gasps uttered:

>"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> if everyone can see and shoot through them... i vote that all HL based
>> multiplayer games get rid of walls and just have a big square room so its
>> fair and EVERYONE can see EVERYONE............
>
>Still lurk..still playing 1.5...and will continue to do so until I am banned
>from them all (no hax, just newb admins >_<)

I was banned today from a server for backing down the terrorists' ramp
near the double doors in de_aztec. What happened was that the
counter-terrorists were making an aggressive advance on the bridge and
i decided to back down the ramp (as a terrorist) so i could prepare in
proper for their appearance. Aparently the admin was at the bottom
of the ramp in the water fighting C-Ts advancing from the waterway as
well. He had the bright idea to retreat to my position but found
myself already there preparing for the fight above. In a rather
centrical manner he said, "Move! Move!" I was about to reply that the
enemy was charging down the ramp and death was around his corner, but
the next instant my screen read "Kicked and banned". Oh brother!

--

best regards, mattchu

I made a map called fy_glass_maze , with thick glass walls. Weapons are
laying around in the maze, and the two teams start in opposite corners. Want
to try it some time ?

Limnophile