How can I go from MPEG-2 to DVD without transcoding?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 7, 2005 12:34:14 PM

I have the Nero suite of applications. NeroVision Express will take an
MPEG-2 file and generate the files needed to burn a DVD (VOB, etc), but
it will always transcode. Is there any application that will generate
the DVD files from MPEG-2 without transcoding? Thanks.

More about : mpeg dvd transcoding

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 4:10:54 PM

Ken Maltby wrote:
> <igorcarajo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I have the Nero suite of applications. NeroVision Express will take
an
> > MPEG-2 file and generate the files needed to burn a DVD (VOB, etc),
but
> > it will always transcode. Is there any application that will
generate
> > the DVD files from MPEG-2 without transcoding? Thanks.
> >

> Most don't if the MPEG is DVD compliant.
>
> My favorite is TMPGEnc DVD Author (TDA)
> www.pegasys-inc.com but many like DVDLab.
>
> Luck;
> Ken
>
> P.S. Nero makes a great burner but you've found the
> main reason I wont use it for DVD authoring.

Thanks for the response. Do you know what the requirements are to make
an MPEG-2 DVD-compliant?
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 4:55:28 PM

<igorcarajo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have the Nero suite of applications. NeroVision Express will take an
> MPEG-2 file and generate the files needed to burn a DVD (VOB, etc), but
> it will always transcode. Is there any application that will generate
> the DVD files from MPEG-2 without transcoding? Thanks.

Most don't if the MPEG is DVD compliant.

My favorite is TMPGEnc DVD Author (TDA)
www.pegasys-inc.com but many like DVDLab.

Luck;
Ken

P.S. Nero makes a great burner but you've found the
main reason I wont use it for DVD authoring.
Related resources
January 8, 2005 1:39:12 AM

> Ken Maltby wrote:
> > <igorcarajo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > >I have the Nero suite of applications. NeroVision Express will take
> an
> > > MPEG-2 file and generate the files needed to burn a DVD (VOB, etc),
> but
> > > it will always transcode. Is there any application that will
> generate
> > > the DVD files from MPEG-2 without transcoding? Thanks.
> > >

> > Most don't if the MPEG is DVD compliant.
> >
> > My favorite is TMPGEnc DVD Author (TDA)
> > www.pegasys-inc.com but many like DVDLab.
> >
> > Luck;
> > Ken
> >
> > P.S. Nero makes a great burner but you've found the
> > main reason I wont use it for DVD authoring.
>
> Thanks for the response. Do you know what the requirements are to make
> an MPEG-2 DVD-compliant?

Point your browser to www.videohelp.com and take a look...

Martin.
!