How can I go from MPEG-2 to DVD without transcoding?

I have the Nero suite of applications. NeroVision Express will take an
MPEG-2 file and generate the files needed to burn a DVD (VOB, etc), but
it will always transcode. Is there any application that will generate
the DVD files from MPEG-2 without transcoding? Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about mpeg transcoding

    Ken Maltby wrote:
    > <igorcarajo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >I have the Nero suite of applications. NeroVision Express will take
    an
    > > MPEG-2 file and generate the files needed to burn a DVD (VOB, etc),
    but
    > > it will always transcode. Is there any application that will
    generate
    > > the DVD files from MPEG-2 without transcoding? Thanks.
    > >

    > Most don't if the MPEG is DVD compliant.
    >
    > My favorite is TMPGEnc DVD Author (TDA)
    > www.pegasys-inc.com but many like DVDLab.
    >
    > Luck;
    > Ken
    >
    > P.S. Nero makes a great burner but you've found the
    > main reason I wont use it for DVD authoring.

    Thanks for the response. Do you know what the requirements are to make
    an MPEG-2 DVD-compliant?

    > Ken Maltby wrote:
    > > <igorcarajo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > >I have the Nero suite of applications. NeroVision Express will take
    > an
    > > > MPEG-2 file and generate the files needed to burn a DVD (VOB, etc),
    > but
    > > > it will always transcode. Is there any application that will
    > generate
    > > > the DVD files from MPEG-2 without transcoding? Thanks.
    > > >

    > > Most don't if the MPEG is DVD compliant.
    > >
    > > My favorite is TMPGEnc DVD Author (TDA)
    > > www.pegasys-inc.com but many like DVDLab.
    > >
    > > Luck;
    > > Ken
    > >
    > > P.S. Nero makes a great burner but you've found the
    > > main reason I wont use it for DVD authoring.
    >
    > Thanks for the response. Do you know what the requirements are to make
    > an MPEG-2 DVD-compliant?

    Point your browser to www.videohelp.com and take a look...

    Martin.

Tuner Cards DVD MPEG Graphics