Video Editing Software

Hi,
I am new in the video editing arena. Most my filming is under water. I have
been doing some editing with cheap software. I need to upgrade to
professional editing software. My computer is up to the task.

I have googled a lot of information and I am even more confused. What is the
newest version of Adobe Pro Premiere and where is a good place to make a
legal warranted purchase at the best price?

Any other help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Please reply direct to tag@mcn.org

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, "Terry & Lisa Guerrero" <tag@mcn.orgnospam> wrote:
>I have googled a lot of information and I am even more confused. What is the
>newest version of Adobe Pro Premiere and where is a good place to make a
>legal warranted purchase at the best price?

Read about Premiere Pro 1.5 at
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de9c1bf

Search here for best price, then buy anywhere you want
http://shopper.cnet.com/

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

Premiere Pro 1.5. Adobe.
"Terry & Lisa Guerrero" <tag@mcn.orgnospam> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am new in the video editing arena. Most my filming is under water. I
> have been doing some editing with cheap software. I need to upgrade to
> professional editing software. My computer is up to the task.
>
> I have googled a lot of information and I am even more confused. What is
> the newest version of Adobe Pro Premiere and where is a good place to make
> a legal warranted purchase at the best price?
>
> Any other help or suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Please reply direct to tag@mcn.org

What OS ? Why not look at Vegas+DVD Production Suite if you're running
WinXP. (Way easier then Premiere in a lot of editors opinions.)

Download the demo at
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/download/step2.asp?DID=503

rqo

"Terry & Lisa Guerrero" <tag@mcn.orgnospam> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am new in the video editing arena. Most my filming is under water. I
> have been doing some editing with cheap software. I need to upgrade to
> professional editing software. My computer is up to the task.
>
> I have googled a lot of information and I am even more confused. What is
> the newest version of Adobe Pro Premiere and where is a good place to make
> a legal warranted purchase at the best price?
>
> Any other help or suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Please reply direct to tag@mcn.org

Before you buy anything, have a look at Vegas 5.0 . I have seen many
editors RUN from Premier once they tried Vegas. It is much easier to learn
and can do anything Premier can. You need to check it out.

Sanman

"Sanman" <me@you.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Before you buy anything, have a look at Vegas 5.0 . I have seen many
> editors RUN from Premier once they tried Vegas.
I was one of them and never looked back ;-)
Martin

jt

A lot of times these things get to be religious wars. Can anyone point
to a reasonably unbiased comparison of the two NLE's online somewhere?

"Martin Doppelbauer" <Martin.Doppelbauer@t-online.de> wrote:

>"Sanman" <me@you.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Before you buy anything, have a look at Vegas 5.0 . I have seen many
>> editors RUN from Premier once they tried Vegas.
>I was one of them and never looked back ;-)
>Martin

I'm a Vegas user and I'll say it's the best. A Premiere user will say the
same thing about their product.
The only real solution is to download the trials of both of them, try them
out for yourself and see which you like better.

Mike

JT wrote:
> A lot of times these things get to be religious wars. Can anyone point
> to a reasonably unbiased comparison of the two NLE's online somewhere?
>
> "Martin Doppelbauer" <Martin.Doppelbauer@t-online.de> wrote:
>

>> "Sanman" <me@you.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> Before you buy anything, have a look at Vegas 5.0 . I have seen
>>> many editors RUN from Premier once they tried Vegas.
>> I was one of them and never looked back ;-)
>> Martin

What about Edius 3?

Mike Kujbida wrote:

> I'm a Vegas user and I'll say it's the best. A Premiere user will say the
> same thing about their product.
> The only real solution is to download the trials of both of them, try them
> out for yourself and see which you like better.

While that may be true for a quick eval, for long term use, I think it
is harder to do. I was a Premiere user then went to Liquid Edition. It
took a while to learn the interface and how things "worked". But once I
got the hang of it, I couldn't go back to Premiere.

TonyP wrote:
> Mike Kujbida wrote:
>
>> I'm a Vegas user and I'll say it's the best. A Premiere user will
>> say the same thing about their product.
>> The only real solution is to download the trials of both of them,
>> try them out for yourself and see which you like better.
>
> While that may be true for a quick eval, for long term use, I think it
> is harder to do. I was a Premiere user then went to Liquid Edition. It
> took a while to learn the interface and how things "worked". But once
> I got the hang of it, I couldn't go back to Premiere.

We use Vegas at the community college I work at. Vegs is so intuitive that
I can get a student who has never seen an edit suite in his/her life
capturing and editing in less than an hour. Can you say that about Premiere
or Liquid Edition? Please understand that I'm asking a serious question
here and not being snotty about it. I've never used either program and I
keep hearing about how difficult they are to get your head around them.

Mike