Rotating Video in Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 8, 2005 5:01:51 AM

Hello,

Well, in all the time I've used it, I have never need to rotate video
in Adobe Premiere. I use Pro 1.5. However, I recently captured a
segment taken with the cam mounted sidelong on the tripod, and I need
to rotate the video 90 degrees to the right. Is this possible in
Premiere? I'm sure it is, but I've driven myself to frustration
trying to figure out how. I've just never needed to do it before.

Regards,

Gavyn Aaron
Photo/Videographer, Artist
January 8, 2005 5:01:52 AM

I have Premiere 6.5 but I'm assuming the process is the same or similar on
PPro. Click on the clip that you want to rotate. In the Effect Controls box,
hit Setup for the Motion option. In here, you can customize where you want
your video and all. So in your case, you can use the rotate slider to adjust
how you want your video to look. Hope that helps.

Cory

"Gavyn Aaron" <GavynAaron@outbc.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Well, in all the time I've used it, I have never need to rotate video
> in Adobe Premiere. I use Pro 1.5. However, I recently captured a
> segment taken with the cam mounted sidelong on the tripod, and I need
> to rotate the video 90 degrees to the right. Is this possible in
> Premiere? I'm sure it is, but I've driven myself to frustration
> trying to figure out how. I've just never needed to do it before.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gavyn Aaron
> Photo/Videographer, Artist
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 8:55:19 AM

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:52:01 -0800, "Cory" <here@there.com> wrote:

>I have Premiere 6.5 but I'm assuming the process is the same or similar on
>PPro. Click on the clip that you want to rotate. In the Effect Controls box,
>hit Setup for the Motion option. In here, you can customize where you want
>your video and all. So in your case, you can use the rotate slider to adjust
>how you want your video to look. Hope that helps.
>
>Cory

I saw read your reply and thought, "Well I've tried that of course,
but what the heck let's try yet again." So I opened up Premiere, and
decided to baby step through it. Okay, step one, select clip. Step
two, go to the Effects .... hey, wait .... I WAS SELECTING THE *WRONG*
CLIP ALL ALONG! ARGH!!!!

Thank you for reply, it caused me to slow way down to basic steps and
catch myself getting in a hurry over and over again.

Regards,

Gavyn Aaron
Photo/Videographer, Artist
!