Avid Mojo problems

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

Uggggh ok so Avid Xpress Studio works great on my laptop but when I plug in
my Mojo, I get constant error messages, because my brand new 3.0GHz, 1GB RAM
computer is not supported by the Mojo (it has to do with my built-in
firewire port being on the same bus segment as my hard drive or something
crazy like that). So I have to send it back...anybody want to buy it from
me? :p

Anyway, what other kind of realtime solution would you recommend for a
laptop for PC? I was looking at Pinnacle Liquid Edition Pro with the
breakout box but I don't know if that's what I want. Anybody have any
suggestions for something that might be comparable to Avid + Mojo that is a
realtime setup?

Cory

try a PCMCIA Firewire card? From Orange Micro?
"Cory" <here@there.com> wrote in message
> Uggggh ok so Avid Xpress Studio works great on my laptop but when I plug
> in
> my Mojo, I get constant error messages, because my brand new 3.0GHz, 1GB
> RAM
> computer is not supported by the Mojo (it has to do with my built-in
> firewire port being on the same bus segment as my hard drive or something
> crazy like that). So I have to send it back...anybody want to buy it from
> me? :p
>
> Anyway, what other kind of realtime solution would you recommend for a
> laptop for PC? I was looking at Pinnacle Liquid Edition Pro with the
> breakout box but I don't know if that's what I want. Anybody have any
> suggestions for something that might be comparable to Avid + Mojo that is
> realtime setup?
>
> Cory

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

Yep, tried a firewire PC card. didn't fix it. but the mojo worked on my
desktop, so I know it's not defective... :-/

Cory

"nap" <gospam@yourself.com> wrote in message
> try a PCMCIA Firewire card? From Orange Micro?
> "Cory" <here@there.com> wrote in message
> > Uggggh ok so Avid Xpress Studio works great on my laptop but when I plug
> > in
> > my Mojo, I get constant error messages, because my brand new 3.0GHz, 1GB
> > RAM
> > computer is not supported by the Mojo (it has to do with my built-in
> > firewire port being on the same bus segment as my hard drive or
something
> > crazy like that). So I have to send it back...anybody want to buy it
from
> > me? :p
> >
> > Anyway, what other kind of realtime solution would you recommend for a
> > laptop for PC? I was looking at Pinnacle Liquid Edition Pro with the
> > breakout box but I don't know if that's what I want. Anybody have any
> > suggestions for something that might be comparable to Avid + Mojo that
is
> > realtime setup?
> >
> > Cory

Dang. gotta be frustrating.
> Yep, tried a firewire PC card. didn't fix it. but the mojo worked on my
> desktop, so I know it's not defective... :-/
>
> Cory
>
> "nap" <gospam@yourself.com> wrote in message
>> try a PCMCIA Firewire card? From Orange Micro?
>> "Cory" <here@there.com> wrote in message
>> > Uggggh ok so Avid Xpress Studio works great on my laptop but when I
>> > plug
>> > in
>> > my Mojo, I get constant error messages, because my brand new 3.0GHz,
>> > 1GB
>> > RAM
>> > computer is not supported by the Mojo (it has to do with my built-in
>> > firewire port being on the same bus segment as my hard drive or
> something
>> > crazy like that). So I have to send it back...anybody want to buy it
> from
>> > me? :p
>> >
>> > Anyway, what other kind of realtime solution would you recommend for a
>> > laptop for PC? I was looking at Pinnacle Liquid Edition Pro with the
>> > breakout box but I don't know if that's what I want. Anybody have any
>> > suggestions for something that might be comparable to Avid + Mojo that
> is
>> > realtime setup?
>> >
>> > Cory

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

dude seriously. what other choices of stuff are there?

> Dang. gotta be frustrating.
> "Cory" <here@there.com> wrote in message
> > Yep, tried a firewire PC card. didn't fix it. but the mojo worked on my
> > desktop, so I know it's not defective... :-/
> >
> > Cory
> >
> > "nap" <gospam@yourself.com> wrote in message
> >> try a PCMCIA Firewire card? From Orange Micro?
> >> "Cory" <here@there.com> wrote in message
> > something
> > from

> > is

Curious why the PCMCIA Firewire didn't work. Did AVID give you the same
error message?

> dude seriously. what other choices of stuff are there?
>
> "nap" <gospam@yourself.com> wrote in message
>> Dang. gotta be frustrating.
>> "Cory" <here@there.com> wrote in message
>> > Yep, tried a firewire PC card. didn't fix it. but the mojo worked on my
>> > desktop, so I know it's not defective... :-/
>> >
>> > Cory
>> >
>> > "nap" <gospam@yourself.com> wrote in message
>> > something
>> > from

> that
>> > is

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

Yep, same error message. Really wierd but the support guy from Avid said
that if that didn't fix it, there's really nothing else to try. And I can't
think of anything else. Bummer :-/