remote desktop

October 29, 2004 5:36:03 PM

how do I use remote desktop with 2 windows xp home computers. I have a
broadband network.

More about : remote desktop

Anonymous
October 29, 2004 8:08:52 PM

Basically you can't. XP Home can *NOT* act as a Remote Desktop host. An alternative is UltraVNC. Get
the server, client and encryption plug-in (important if you use this over the public internet),
from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

If you call a PC over the public internet you also need to open TCP Port 5900 if the PC is behind a
firewall/NAT/router...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

!