Changing Remote Desktop Port

I successfully established my Remote Desktop connection after all the good
information in this usergroup. Thanks. I went ahead and changed the port I
was using from 3389 to another port.(as suggested in one of the references )
This is by the way an excellent reference for figuring out how to setup
remote desktop
http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-remote-desktop-overview.html
The question I have is am I opening up other security issues by doing
this. Is there something special about 3389 that we should continue to use
that port? Does it matter which port is used?
Thanks Mitch

No--the issue with ANY open port is the care with which the service which is
listening on that port is written--i.e. whether it has any vulnerabilities.

So--that doesn't change when you change the port.

"mnudel" <mnudel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I successfully established my Remote Desktop connection after all the good
> information in this usergroup. Thanks. I went ahead and changed the port
> was using from 3389 to another port.(as suggested in one of the
> references )
> This is by the way an excellent reference for figuring out how to setup
> remote desktop
> http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-remote-desktop-overview.html
> The question I have is am I opening up other security issues by doing
> this. Is there something special about 3389 that we should continue to
> use
> that port? Does it matter which port is used?
> Thanks Mitch

TRENDING THREADS