Problems connecting w/ Remote Desktop

I'm getting the following error when attempting to connect connect to an XP
machine in my lan w/ another XP machine in my Lan:

the client could not connect. you are already connected to the console of
this computer. a new console session cannot be established.

I know that I am not connected to the console because I haven't logged
in...It's @ the select user to login screen. Both machines have SP 1 & 2
installed. Let me know if/what further information you need.

Thanks

What name or address are you using for the machine you wish to connect to?

This message indicates that you are trying to connect to the machine at
which you are sitting--are you certain that you have the name/address
details correct?

"gehx" <gehx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm getting the following error when attempting to connect connect to an
> XP
> machine in my lan w/ another XP machine in my Lan:
>
> the client could not connect. you are already connected to the console of
> this computer. a new console session cannot be established.
>
> I know that I am not connected to the console because I haven't logged
> in...It's @ the select user to login screen. Both machines have SP 1 & 2
> installed. Let me know if/what further information you need.
>
> Thanks

:( You're right...sorry for the boneheaded post.

"Bill Sanderson" wrote:

> What name or address are you using for the machine you wish to connect to?
>
> This message indicates that you are trying to connect to the machine at
> which you are sitting--are you certain that you have the name/address
> details correct?
>
> "gehx" <gehx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm getting the following error when attempting to connect connect to an
> > XP
> > machine in my lan w/ another XP machine in my Lan:
> >
> > the client could not connect. you are already connected to the console of
> > this computer. a new console session cannot be established.
> >
> > I know that I am not connected to the console because I haven't logged
> > in...It's @ the select user to login screen. Both machines have SP 1 & 2
> > installed. Let me know if/what further information you need.
> >
> > Thanks

Nothing boneheaded about it--you described what you were doing and gave an
accurate reading of the error message--don't be too embarassed!

> :( You're right...sorry for the boneheaded post.
>
> "Bill Sanderson" wrote:
>
>> What name or address are you using for the machine you wish to connect
>> to?
>>
>> This message indicates that you are trying to connect to the machine at
>> which you are sitting--are you certain that you have the name/address
>> details correct?
>>
>> "gehx" <gehx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm getting the following error when attempting to connect connect to
>> > an
>> > XP
>> > machine in my lan w/ another XP machine in my Lan:
>> >
>> > the client could not connect. you are already connected to the console
>> > of
>> > this computer. a new console session cannot be established.
>> >
>> > I know that I am not connected to the console because I haven't logged
>> > in...It's @ the select user to login screen. Both machines have SP 1 &
>> > 2
>> > installed. Let me know if/what further information you need.
>> >
>> > Thanks

TRENDING THREADS