Remote desktop question

October 31, 2004 6:10:02 PM

RD server is behind a firewall(in office), I have no right to change any
network setting in the office network.
I know only the port 80 is open( for the internet)

could anybody tell me if I can connect to the RD server from home? all
computers running xp pro sp2.
Thank you very much.
Yong
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 6:21:46 PM

This article may help.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Yong" wrote:
| RD server is behind a firewall(in office), I have no right to change any
| network setting in the office network.
| I know only the port 80 is open( for the internet)
|
| could anybody tell me if I can connect to the RD server from home? all
| computers running xp pro sp2.
| Thank you very much.
| Yong

Anonymous
November 1, 2004 1:15:34 PM

Yong wrote:
> RD server is behind a firewall(in office), I have no right to change
> any network setting in the office network.
> I know only the port 80 is open( for the internet)
>
> could anybody tell me if I can connect to the RD server from home? all
> computers running xp pro sp2.
> Thank you very much.
> Yong

You need port 3389 open inbound on the firewall/router on the 'host' network
to access Remote Desktop/Terminal Services.
!