fun with v network?

Recently me and a friend made a V net work connection from my house to his.
We both like to joke around with our computers and we are looking for a way
to mess with his dad by calling his dad in and showing him that the mouse
isnt responding properly either is the keyboard and that I have taken over
from my computer. Sounds like hacking, i know, but we have allready made the
connection and he wants to do this tonight when his dad gets home. So how can
we set it up that I have access to his computer from mine, and access his
desktop as he sees it, while having controll. Distance between housess - less
then 1/4 of a mile.

Check out VNC.