Remote Desktop Web Connection: Object doesn't support prop..

Hello,
I have a home network with two computers using Wi-Fi, both running XP SP2. I
have installed Remote Desktop Web Connection (RDWC) on one of them and
forwarded ports 80 and 3389 to the correct local IP. When I connect from my
desktop to the 127.0.0.1/TSweb and try to connect to my laptop it works.
However when I connect from my laptop to the desktop running the RDWC I get
an error "Object doesn't support this property or method".

I have disabled both the Windows Firewall and Zone Alarm and this does not
solve the problem.
Does anyone have a solution for this issue?
Thanks in advance!
7 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop connection object doesn support prop

    Ralph wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have a home network with two computers using Wi-Fi, both running XP
    > SP2. I have installed Remote Desktop Web Connection (RDWC) on one of
    > them and forwarded ports 80 and 3389 to the correct local IP. When I
    > connect from my desktop to the 127.0.0.1/TSweb and try to connect to
    > my laptop it works. However when I connect from my laptop to the
    > desktop running the RDWC I get an error "Object doesn't support this
    > property or method".
    >
    > I have disabled both the Windows Firewall and Zone Alarm and this
    > does not solve the problem.
    > Does anyone have a solution for this issue?
    > Thanks in advance!

    Test using the remote desktop client, not tsweb, and make sure that works
    first. On the LAN, not from the Internet. Then try the RD client from the
    Internet. I'm confused by your inclusion of localhost/127.0.0.1 - that's
    your own computer.

    Thanks for your reply
    On both computers, I have enabled the Remote Desktop, and I can connect to
    them without any problems. Both computers are in the same workgroup.
    Let me explain the 127.0.0.1 thing (all done from LAN):
    The Remote Desktop Web Connection Server is running on my desktop with the
    ip 192.168.0.2. My laptop is at 192.168.0.4
    When I use my laptop (.0.4) computer to connect to the desktop (.0.2) RDWCS
    and try to log in to the remote desktop service of this computer, I receive
    the error. When I am on my desktop and log in to the RDWCS (at 127.0.0.1 (or
    ..0.2) since the service is running on my desktop) and try to connect to the
    remote desktop of my laptop(.0.4), it works perfectly. I hope this cleared up
    your confusion.

    What I want it to do however is to have my laptop connect to my desktop via
    the internet.

    "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

    > Ralph wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > > I have a home network with two computers using Wi-Fi, both running XP
    > > SP2. I have installed Remote Desktop Web Connection (RDWC) on one of
    > > them and forwarded ports 80 and 3389 to the correct local IP. When I
    > > connect from my desktop to the 127.0.0.1/TSweb and try to connect to
    > > my laptop it works. However when I connect from my laptop to the
    > > desktop running the RDWC I get an error "Object doesn't support this
    > > property or method".
    > >
    > > I have disabled both the Windows Firewall and Zone Alarm and this
    > > does not solve the problem.
    > > Does anyone have a solution for this issue?
    > > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Test using the remote desktop client, not tsweb, and make sure that works
    > first. On the LAN, not from the Internet. Then try the RD client from the
    > Internet. I'm confused by your inclusion of localhost/127.0.0.1 - that's
    > your own computer.

    Go here:
    http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-remote-desktop-overview.html
    All will be revealed.

    "Ralph" wrote:

    > Thanks for your reply
    > On both computers, I have enabled the Remote Desktop, and I can connect to
    > them without any problems. Both computers are in the same workgroup.
    > Let me explain the 127.0.0.1 thing (all done from LAN):
    > The Remote Desktop Web Connection Server is running on my desktop with the
    > ip 192.168.0.2. My laptop is at 192.168.0.4
    > When I use my laptop (.0.4) computer to connect to the desktop (.0.2) RDWCS
    > and try to log in to the remote desktop service of this computer, I receive
    > the error. When I am on my desktop and log in to the RDWCS (at 127.0.0.1 (or
    > .0.2) since the service is running on my desktop) and try to connect to the
    > remote desktop of my laptop(.0.4), it works perfectly. I hope this cleared up
    > your confusion.
    >
    > What I want it to do however is to have my laptop connect to my desktop via
    > the internet.
    >

    > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
    >
    > > Ralph wrote:
    > > > Hello,
    > > > I have a home network with two computers using Wi-Fi, both running XP
    > > > SP2. I have installed Remote Desktop Web Connection (RDWC) on one of
    > > > them and forwarded ports 80 and 3389 to the correct local IP. When I
    > > > connect from my desktop to the 127.0.0.1/TSweb and try to connect to
    > > > my laptop it works. However when I connect from my laptop to the
    > > > desktop running the RDWC I get an error "Object doesn't support this
    > > > property or method".
    > > >
    > > > I have disabled both the Windows Firewall and Zone Alarm and this
    > > > does not solve the problem.
    > > > Does anyone have a solution for this issue?
    > > > Thanks in advance!
    > >
    > > Test using the remote desktop client, not tsweb, and make sure that works
    > > first. On the LAN, not from the Internet. Then try the RD client from the
    > > Internet. I'm confused by your inclusion of localhost/127.0.0.1 - that's
    > > your own computer.

    I have already been there, the issue that I am facing is ont the client's
    computer IE 6.0.2. That gives the error of "Object doesn't support this
    property or method". It occurs when I enter the server name and click on
    connect. Both computer are running XP Pro SP2 and are properly updated, so
    all latest versions should be installed

    "Hugh" wrote:

    > Go here:
    > http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-remote-desktop-overview.html
    > All will be revealed.
    >
    > "Ralph" wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks for your reply
    > > On both computers, I have enabled the Remote Desktop, and I can connect to
    > > them without any problems. Both computers are in the same workgroup.
    > > Let me explain the 127.0.0.1 thing (all done from LAN):
    > > The Remote Desktop Web Connection Server is running on my desktop with the
    > > ip 192.168.0.2. My laptop is at 192.168.0.4
    > > When I use my laptop (.0.4) computer to connect to the desktop (.0.2) RDWCS
    > > and try to log in to the remote desktop service of this computer, I receive
    > > the error. When I am on my desktop and log in to the RDWCS (at 127.0.0.1 (or
    > > .0.2) since the service is running on my desktop) and try to connect to the
    > > remote desktop of my laptop(.0.4), it works perfectly. I hope this cleared up
    > > your confusion.
    > >
    > > What I want it to do however is to have my laptop connect to my desktop via
    > > the internet.

    > > > Test using the remote desktop client, not tsweb, and make sure that works
    > > > first. On the LAN, not from the Internet. Then try the RD client from the
    > > > Internet. I'm confused by your inclusion of localhost/127.0.0.1 - that's
    > > > your own computer.

    This is most likely a security/permissions issue. Review all the IIS and
    related settings for accuracy.

    "Ralph" wrote:

    > I have already been there, the issue that I am facing is ont the client's
    > computer IE 6.0.2. That gives the error of "Object doesn't support this
    > property or method". It occurs when I enter the server name and click on
    > connect. Both computer are running XP Pro SP2 and are properly updated, so
    > all latest versions should be installed
    >
    > "Hugh" wrote:
    >
    > > Go here:
    > > http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-remote-desktop-overview.html
    > > All will be revealed.
    > >
    > > "Ralph" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Thanks for your reply
    > > > On both computers, I have enabled the Remote Desktop, and I can connect to
    > > > them without any problems. Both computers are in the same workgroup.
    > > > Let me explain the 127.0.0.1 thing (all done from LAN):
    > > > The Remote Desktop Web Connection Server is running on my desktop with the
    > > > ip 192.168.0.2. My laptop is at 192.168.0.4
    > > > When I use my laptop (.0.4) computer to connect to the desktop (.0.2) RDWCS
    > > > and try to log in to the remote desktop service of this computer, I receive
    > > > the error. When I am on my desktop and log in to the RDWCS (at 127.0.0.1 (or
    > > > .0.2) since the service is running on my desktop) and try to connect to the
    > > > remote desktop of my laptop(.0.4), it works perfectly. I hope this cleared up
    > > > your confusion.
    > > >
    > > > What I want it to do however is to have my laptop connect to my desktop via
    > > > the internet.

    Look at this old thread for possible help...

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&frame=right&th=3105bd02e49e39dc&seekm=koolh0552h066moo9mtp6f7uldk6kn1dkl%404ax.com#link8

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have already been there, the issue that I am facing is ont the client's
    > computer IE 6.0.2. That gives the error of "Object doesn't support this
    > property or method". It occurs when I enter the server name and click on
    > connect. Both computer are running XP Pro SP2 and are properly updated, so
    > all latest versions should be installed
    >
    > "Hugh" wrote:
    >
    >> Go here:
    >> http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-remote-desktop-overview.html
    >> All will be revealed.
    >>
    >> "Ralph" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Thanks for your reply
    >> > On both computers, I have enabled the Remote Desktop, and I can connect to
    >> > them without any problems. Both computers are in the same workgroup.
    >> > Let me explain the 127.0.0.1 thing (all done from LAN):
    >> > The Remote Desktop Web Connection Server is running on my desktop with the
    >> > ip 192.168.0.2. My laptop is at 192.168.0.4
    >> > When I use my laptop (.0.4) computer to connect to the desktop (.0.2) RDWCS
    >> > and try to log in to the remote desktop service of this computer, I receive
    >> > the error. When I am on my desktop and log in to the RDWCS (at 127.0.0.1 (or
    >> > .0.2) since the service is running on my desktop) and try to connect to the
    >> > remote desktop of my laptop(.0.4), it works perfectly. I hope this cleared up
    >> > your confusion.
    >> >
    >> > What I want it to do however is to have my laptop connect to my desktop via
    >> > the internet.

    Thank you for your help, I found out that the problem lies at the IE of the
    laptop. A simple reinstall did the trick.
    Thanks again,
    Ralph

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP