Adobe Encore saving on folder

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

Does anyone know if once a video is transcoded and the DVD is burned, and
also the projected saved to a Folder to be used again that all the avi,
images, that were used to make this DVD have to stay in the hard drive. Or
can I delete these files without hurting the save folder?

"leo" wrote ...
> Does anyone know if once a video is transcoded and the
> DVD is burned, and also the projected saved to a Folder
> to be used again that all the avi, images, that were used to
> make this DVD have to stay in the hard drive. Or can I
> delete these files without hurting the save folder?

Adobe Encode has never deleted any source files that I've
ever encountered. Dunno why it would do such a thing.
All the same, I'd keep them in a separate protected directory
if they are valuable.

Can't advise on deleting files as you didn't state whether you
were interested in ever burning duplicate discs in the future,
etc.

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

Maybe if you try re-stating your question in complete sentences, we'll be
able to understand what you're trying to ask...

Cory

"leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if once a video is transcoded and the DVD is burned, and
> also the projected saved to a Folder to be used again that all the avi,
> images, that were used to make this DVD have to stay in the hard drive.
Or
> can I delete these files without hurting the save folder?

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

I am asking if I can delete the original video clips I used to make the DVD
after transcoding them to make the DVD. In other words can I burn another
copy of the transcoded files without needing to have the original AVI clips
on my hard drive. I hope I am asking this right?

"Cory" <here@there.com> wrote in message
> Maybe if you try re-stating your question in complete sentences, we'll be
> able to understand what you're trying to ask...
>
> Cory
>
> "leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know if once a video is transcoded and the DVD is burned, and
>> also the projected saved to a Folder to be used again that all the avi,
>> images, that were used to make this DVD have to stay in the hard drive.
> Or
>> can I delete these files without hurting the save folder?

As long as you are ABSOLUTELY sure you will NEVER want to make
any changes, it should be safe to delete the original AVI and
just keep the encoded directory to burn new copies

There is also a specialty forum for Encore for more information
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de98ec0

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:19:50 GMT, "leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I am asking if I can delete the original video clips I used to make the DVD
>after transcoding them to make the DVD. In other words can I burn another
>copy of the transcoded files without needing to have the original AVI clips
>on my hard drive. I hope I am asking this right?
>
>"Cory" <here@there.com> wrote in message
>> Maybe if you try re-stating your question in complete sentences, we'll be
>> able to understand what you're trying to ask...
>>
>> Cory
>>
>> "leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know if once a video is transcoded and the DVD is burned, and
>>> also the projected saved to a Folder to be used again that all the avi,
>>> images, that were used to make this DVD have to stay in the hard drive.
>> Or
>>> can I delete these files without hurting the save folder?

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

Yes, as long as you make sure you create an image (.img) file. And you will
be able to tell after you create the img file that the file size will be
about the same size as what is in the VIDEO_TS folder on your dvd. But yes,
the img file is all you need to keep on your hard drive. I do this regularly
to archive my dvd projects.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:16:53 GMT, "leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Does anyone know if once a video is transcoded and the DVD is burned, and
>also the projected saved to a Folder to be used again

to be used again...

>that all the avi,
>images, that were used to make this DVD have to stay in the hard drive. Or
>can I delete these files without hurting the save folder?

If you delete them, how can you use them again?