Getting crazy with streaming video

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 10, 2005 5:23:14 AM

Hi all,

I'm not a newbie but I do need your help on this matter.
I'm helping a friend doing her thesis; my friend need to download,
from different sites, some video about TV spots.

The problem is that every site have an almost different format of
streaming video files: .rm, .ram, .asf, .mov, .wmf and Flash files (I
know they're not streaming video files, but I need to download them
too).

I already looked for FAQ, but 1) they are outdated and 2) they didn't
help me solving my basic question, that is: isn't there a *single*
software, able to capture all those different formats? Basically what
would be enough is a software like Wincam or Hypercam, that records a
portion of screen or a specific window. I imagine to navigate on
Internet, find a video, click on the link, then a popup window
displays and I should be able to record *everything* is inside that
window.

As of today, I searched a lot but I didn't find anything suitable for
me.
Could anyone help me please?

Thank you so much.

- Stefano

More about : crazy streaming video

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 7:34:54 PM

Stefano wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm not a newbie but I do need your help on this matter.
> I'm helping a friend doing her thesis; my friend need to download,
> from different sites, some video about TV spots.
>
> The problem is that every site have an almost different format of
> streaming video files: .rm, .ram, .asf, .mov, .wmf and Flash files (I
> know they're not streaming video files, but I need to download them
> too).
>
> I already looked for FAQ, but 1) they are outdated and 2) they didn't
> help me solving my basic question, that is: isn't there a *single*
> software, able to capture all those different formats? Basically what
> would be enough is a software like Wincam or Hypercam, that records a
> portion of screen or a specific window. I imagine to navigate on
> Internet, find a video, click on the link, then a popup window
> displays and I should be able to record *everything* is inside that
> window.
>
> As of today, I searched a lot but I didn't find anything suitable for
> me.
> Could anyone help me please?
>
> Thank you so much.
>
> - Stefano

Sorenson Squeeze Video compression suite will do all this.. There's a
Windows and a Mac version too.

http://www.sorenson.com/

Hope this helps.
-Richard
January 10, 2005 11:39:30 PM

I've used Camster studio before, it was pretty good. Not sure if that is how
you spell it. I think I even used a trial.

!