Getting crazy with streaming video

Hi all,

I'm not a newbie but I do need your help on this matter.
I'm helping a friend doing her thesis; my friend need to download,
from different sites, some video about TV spots.

The problem is that every site have an almost different format of
streaming video files: .rm, .ram, .asf, .mov, .wmf and Flash files (I
know they're not streaming video files, but I need to download them
too).

I already looked for FAQ, but 1) they are outdated and 2) they didn't
help me solving my basic question, that is: isn't there a *single*
software, able to capture all those different formats? Basically what
would be enough is a software like Wincam or Hypercam, that records a
portion of screen or a specific window. I imagine to navigate on
Internet, find a video, click on the link, then a popup window
displays and I should be able to record *everything* is inside that
window.

As of today, I searched a lot but I didn't find anything suitable for
me.
Could anyone help me please?

Thank you so much.

- Stefano
2 answers Last reply
More about getting crazy streaming video

    Stefano wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm not a newbie but I do need your help on this matter.
    > I'm helping a friend doing her thesis; my friend need to download,
    > from different sites, some video about TV spots.
    >
    > The problem is that every site have an almost different format of
    > streaming video files: .rm, .ram, .asf, .mov, .wmf and Flash files (I
    > know they're not streaming video files, but I need to download them
    > too).
    >
    > I already looked for FAQ, but 1) they are outdated and 2) they didn't
    > help me solving my basic question, that is: isn't there a *single*
    > software, able to capture all those different formats? Basically what
    > would be enough is a software like Wincam or Hypercam, that records a
    > portion of screen or a specific window. I imagine to navigate on
    > Internet, find a video, click on the link, then a popup window
    > displays and I should be able to record *everything* is inside that
    > window.
    >
    > As of today, I searched a lot but I didn't find anything suitable for
    > me.
    > Could anyone help me please?
    >
    > Thank you so much.
    >
    > - Stefano

    Sorenson Squeeze Video compression suite will do all this.. There's a
    Windows and a Mac version too.

    http://www.sorenson.com/

    Hope this helps.
    -Richard

    I've used Camster studio before, it was pretty good. Not sure if that is how
    you spell it. I think I even used a trial.

    "Stefano" <s_carminati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm not a newbie but I do need your help on this matter.
    > I'm helping a friend doing her thesis; my friend need to download,
    > from different sites, some video about TV spots.
    >
    > The problem is that every site have an almost different format of
    > streaming video files: .rm, .ram, .asf, .mov, .wmf and Flash files (I
    > know they're not streaming video files, but I need to download them
    > too).
    >
    > I already looked for FAQ, but 1) they are outdated and 2) they didn't
    > help me solving my basic question, that is: isn't there a *single*
    > software, able to capture all those different formats? Basically what
    > would be enough is a software like Wincam or Hypercam, that records a
    > portion of screen or a specific window. I imagine to navigate on
    > Internet, find a video, click on the link, then a popup window
    > displays and I should be able to record *everything* is inside that
    > window.
    >
    > As of today, I searched a lot but I didn't find anything suitable for
    > me.
    > Could anyone help me please?
    >
    > Thank you so much.
    >
    > - Stefano