Remote Desktop works only with logged in users (otherwise ..

On Windows XP Pro (with fast user switching enabled):
If I use Remote Desktop to log in, it works only, if that user is
already logged in. If the user is not logged in, the only thing I see
is "user being logged in" (rough translation from actual German
message) and "user being logged out", and the connection aborts.

Is there a setting that Remote Connections cannot establish new user
sessions? (That I might have accidentally switched on...)

Thanks for your help
Jan Henrik Sylvester

"Jan Henrik Sylvester" <me@janh.de> wrote in message

> On Windows XP Pro (with fast user switching enabled):
> If I use Remote Desktop to log in, it works only, if that user is
> already logged in. If the user is not logged in, the only thing I see
> is "user being logged in" (rough translation from actual German
> message) and "user being logged out", and the connection aborts.

On the RDP Server (the PC you are trying to connect to, not the one you are
trying to connect from), update the video drivers to the latest version from
the manufacturer's website. This is a known problem with certain versions
of nVidia driver (especially the one distributed with XP SP2).

--
Robin Walker
rdhw@cam.ac.uk

alex

Thanks!

Updating the video drivers worked for me on a similar problem I was having.
Remote Desktop worked the first time I'd use it, but would give me the same
error on subsequent attempts.

Alex

TRENDING THREADS