Hi all

After having performed crucial hotfixes over the last couple of
months, a lot of the XP-pc's at our office-domain have begun denying
remote login. By chance we discovered that the setting "allow logon
through terminal services" (in local security policies/user rights) is
suddently blank on the XP-terminals in the domain. Apart from
performing crucial updates we have NOT changed any settings at the
domain-server or anywhere else, but is seems like something in the
updates add or modifies a global policy making the mentioned setting
in local policies (allow logon through terminal services) go and
remain blank.
We're in deep trouble here any help is more than welcome.

Best regards

/T

Hmm we discovered it was a worm, not being catched by our antivirus.
/T
"towli" <towli@removeoldboyz.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi all
>
> After having performed crucial hotfixes over the last couple of
> months, a lot of the XP-pc's at our office-domain have begun denying
> remote login. By chance we discovered that the setting "allow logon
> through terminal services" (in local security policies/user rights) is
> suddently blank on the XP-terminals in the domain. Apart from
> performing crucial updates we have NOT changed any settings at the
> domain-server or anywhere else, but is seems like something in the
> updates add or modifies a global policy making the mentioned setting
> in local policies (allow logon through terminal services) go and
> remain blank.
> We're in deep trouble here any help is more than welcome.
>
> Best regards
>
> /T

null

towli wrote:

> Hmm we discovered it was a worm, not being catched by our antivirus.
> /T
> "towli" <towli@removeoldboyz.dk> skrev i en meddelelse

How did you find the worm then?

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.